Tablet will not connect to camera.

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 3 Professional yesterday and set it up to set if everything is working. My android smartphone works 100% with it. I have had a P3 Std before so am familiar with the App.

However when I connect my Samsung 7 inch Tablet to it, it recognizes that I have connected and the app opens. However where you normally get the "Ready to fly" message at the top of the screen, it just says "Disconnected" and there is no picture. You cannot open the camera's menu either. The phone is running a higher version of Android than the minimum the app requires. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app but it stays the same. I tried my wife's Lenovo Tablet (Android) and the same thing happens. My P3 std used to work fine with the Lenovo tablet.
I would really like to fly it using the Tablet for the display size but o.k. with using the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I had same problem,
Was my device, iPad 3, would open app but no connection. ( you are tethered to Tx via USB cable correct? )
If you have a friend or family member you can borrow or temp use their newer device, I'd give that a shot!
I ended up buying an iPad Air 2 for mine, as all my other devices did not work! iPhone 4s, iPad 2, and iPad 3, but my son's Samsung worked! Let us know?

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I had same problem,
Was my device, iPad 3, would open app but no connection. ( you are tethered to Tx via USB cable correct? )
If you have a friend or family member you can borrow or temp use their newer device, I'd give that a shot!
I ended up buying an iPad Air 2 for mine, as all my other devices did not work! iPhone 4s, iPad 2, and iPad 3, but my son's Samsung worked! Let us know?

J Dot
:cool:
Thanks.
I am using it connected via USB cable.

I will look at getting a more up to date Tablet. Unfortunately the 7 inch Tablets are not too common in my area but I will ask around to try one.

I bought a Phantom 3 Professional yesterday and set it up to set if everything is working. My android smartphone works 100% with it. I have had a P3 Std before so am familiar with the App.

However when I connect my Samsung 7 inch Tablet to it, it recognizes that I have connected and the app opens. However where you normally get the "Ready to fly" message at the top of the screen, it just says "Disconnected" and there is no picture. You cannot open the camera's menu either. The phone is running a higher version of Android than the minimum the app requires. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app but it stays the same. I tried my wife's Lenovo Tablet (Android) and the same thing happens. My P3 std used to work fine with the Lenovo tablet.
I would really like to fly it using the Tablet for the display size but o.k. with using the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
try multiple usb cables
some are wired only to charge vs charge and transfer data

Thanks.
I am using it connected via USB cable.

I will look at getting a more up to date Tablet. Unfortunately the 7 inch Tablets are not too common in my area but I will ask around to try one.

try any recent phone doesn't have to 7 in tab

I have an iPad mini 2, had the same problem when I switched from my iPhone 6 Plus to the iPad mini tablet. I turned off the remote, plugged in the iPad and then turned on the remote, launched DJI Go and it worked. Took a few seconds but it connected. Could be the remote and the iPad have to clear out the last device, not sure. Try plugging and unplugging the USB connector a few times with the power on to the remote but out of the app.

I believe it is some "Only" send data and other send data and change. All send data from my experience.

you may be correctfor most part, but I have had some work as charge but no data
but that goes back many years not just recently.

and for whatever reason some usb cables will NOT work for dji go app.

The first thought that comes to mind about trying different USB cables is that the one I am using is the original one that came with the Phantom and it does work with my smartphone. Surely this USB cable should be the right one to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav