Tablet suggestions for use with Phantom Vision 2+

Reaction score
Would the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Wi-Fi Tablet work with the Phantom Vision 2+? Costco has these at a very nice price. :|

It will work as I bought one for it but the images are crap and I went back to the samsung phone. You have to remember the video quality will look blurry at best on the larger screen and it didnt work for me im afraid, even changing the settings on everything didnt improve it much.

:|

pyrophantom said:
It will work as I bought one for it but the images are crap and I went back to the samsung phone. You have to remember the video quality will look blurry at best on the larger screen and it didnt work for me im afraid, even changing the settings on everything didnt improve it much.

Thank you. I did manage to acquire a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, 7.0" anyway--I needed a small tablet for other things. I will give 'er a go; if it doesn't work, I do have an LG smart phone and and Apple iPod I can try.

giaruso said:
pyrophantom said:

Thank you. I did manage to acquire a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, 7.0" anyway--I needed a small tablet for other things. I will give 'er a go; if it doesn't work, I do have an LG smart phone and and Apple iPod I can try.

Personally I think 7" is about the best sized screen for resolution and viewing. The bigger ones are nice but you just make the images poor so whats the point ? I have just ordered the nexus 7 (2013 version) to see what their HD screen looks like. I have the 2012 nexus 7 and the screen is no better than my samsung phone so im hoping the newer nexus with the better screen res will be better.

;)

pyrophantom said:
giaruso said:
pyrophantom said:

Personally I think 7" is about the best sized screen for resolution and viewing. The bigger ones are nice but you just make the images poor so whats the point ? I have just ordered the nexus 7 (2013 version) to see what their HD screen looks like. I have the 2012 nexus 7 and the screen is no better than my samsung phone so im hoping the newer nexus with the better screen res will be better.

;)

I agree the preview video isn't any better on the larger screen because it is VGA at best, but it is easier to see all the telemetry information on the larger screen. I use a 10" iPad and like the fact I can actually read the number of satellites the GPS has connected.

Yeah its all a little hit and miss, you win on some things lose on others, I just havent found my perfect solution yet and hoping the Nexus 7 323ppi screen version will be a better bet, as so far I have tried samsung galaxy s3 phone which is great but too small for my now ageing eyes (have ordered a monitor thingy with magnifier to try from Milton on ebay), have also got a 2102 nexus 7 which is ok ish, and have tried a samsung galaxy tab3 8" which was just too blurry, and I have an ipad mini which I bought for ground station but have not tried this in the field yet.

If DJI could just come up with an upscaling feature on the app, then maybe we could have better fpv flying but the trouble is the apps are so **** unreliable that you have to run them at low preview settings to get them to work, and you are defeating the object then ! Must be some answer to this ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers