Tablet setup/ range question

Reaction score
I just bought a phantom 3 standard. My first big "real " drone. I got it setup, working and have made several flights with it with my iPhone 7. I have 2 questions I was hoping that someone could help me with. First I have a tablet that I bought from Verizon a couple of years ago running android 4.4.2 and I tried to download DJI Go app and it says that my tablet is not compatible with the app on the play store and will not let me download it. Is there a way around this or is the tablet just too old and out of date to work with the app? Second. What kind of range is normal for the standard? When I purchased it I also bought the Blue Proton ARG wifi range extender and installed it. On my last flight I got approximately 400 to 450 yards away and was getting a weak signal warning on the DJI Go app. Thank you in advance for help and advice!

I tried to download DJI Go app and it says that my tablet is not compatible with the app on the play store and will not let me download it. Is there a way around this or is the tablet just too old and out of date to work with the app?
You can sideload the DJI GO APK like this.

Last edited:
I just bought a phantom 3 standard. My first big "real " drone. I got it setup, working and have made several flights with it with my iPhone 7. I have 2 questions I was hoping that someone could help me with. First I have a tablet that I bought from Verizon a couple of years ago running android 4.4.2 and I tried to download DJI Go app and it says that my tablet is not compatible with the app on the play store and will not let me download it. Is there a way around this or is the tablet just too old and out of date to work with the app? Second. What kind of range is normal for the standard? When I purchased it I also bought the Blue Proton ARG wifi range extender and installed it. On my last flight I got approximately 400 to 450 yards away and was getting a weak signal warning on the DJI Go app. Thank you in advance for help and advice!
That tablet might not have sufficient power to handle the app properly .... but without trying, you won't know.
In a good interference-free area you could get more range than DJI list in the Specs on their website.
With interference in an urban area you could get less.

That tablet might not have sufficient power to handle the app properly .... but without trying, you won't know.
In a good interference-free area you could get more range than DJI list in the Specs on their website.
With interference in an urban area you could get less.
Thank you so much. I will try the app later today and see if it works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav