Tablet reset on me.

Reaction score
I've tried many different devices using both litchi and go app, bunch of android devices, an Ipad and I just recently got the Shield, I only was able to use it once or twice before sending the bird back to DJI for horizon/crack issue. Tonight I was doing some tests and did about 3 flights with the GO app, no issues, then used litchi and set it out on a 2 miles mission, right at the half way point my tablet just up and reset on me!

Not one issue with any of the other tablets, I've read this before from other people, not sure what device they had but I cannot have this happening. My heart was in my throat :( and of course it took forever to reboot. Thankfully the mission is loaded into the cache of the Phantom so it kept going, but I was freakin.

Is there any discussion regarding this issue? any possible fixes? For what its worth its brand new, literally just got it yesterday from the recall.

Thanks

I've been using the Litchi version for the P2v+ ( free version). I've had it in the middle of a flight just quit. I was back at my main screen. I did not have to reboot. I just restarted it and it picked up the signal the drone was just setting out there waiting for a command. this was in FPV . I've been using way points and have not had any point like that.

It would be helpful if you would put the name of the tablet in the thread title. Are you talking about the Nvidia Shield K1?

Well now I'm scared, just did a bunch of flights with the tablet AND using only dji go app, sure enough, rebooted on me, it also didn't return to home, it literally just sat there hovering about 300 ft high.
this really sucks, what I went through getting this tablet in the first place, then waiting for the new unit to come because of the recall and this thing has rebooted twice on me while flying. unacceptable.

I don't know what to do now

Well now I'm scared, just did a bunch of flights with the tablet AND using only dji go app, sure enough, rebooted on me, it also didn't return to home, it literally just sat there hovering about 300 ft high.
this really sucks, what I went through getting this tablet in the first place, then waiting for the new unit to come because of the recall and this thing has rebooted twice on me while flying. unacceptable.

I don't know what to do now

Sounds like a good time to go through and tweak the settings, as well as check the settings with someone else with the same tablet. Btw, usually a tablet reboots because of too many processes or heat. My K1 Shield has worked fine with GO app version 2.4.3 and Firmware 1.4.1.

getting a new one, not dealing with this, its 3 days old, nothing is really installed, no process's and checked the cpu temp its right around 100 or a little less, no where near the 130-140 mark

Reactions: phxbird57
You have DJI Go and Litchi both installed. The app not being used should be force killed. Standard procedure recommended by Litchi. There are other standard apps and services that can cause trouble. I have had my Galaxy S2 reboot when bluetooth is on and running Litchi. Found that the bluetooth was using a lot of CPU trying to connect to a keyboard that was not there.

thanks, but yea, there are no apps running, fresh reboot with all apps closed, each litchi or dji go is set for default which ever one I use.

both have rebooted, I bet this thing would reboot with a basic movie playing..

gonna try actually

wow, I'm surprised no one caught this. I just thought about why this didn't return to home, and correct me if I'm wrong.

BECAUSE it was still connected, regardless of my tablet rebooting, my controller was still rock solid.

?

BECAUSE it was still connected, regardless of my tablet rebooting, my controller was still rock solid.
Very good point. Many ops forget that you can fly without a tablet.

wow, I'm surprised no one caught this. I just thought about why this didn't return to home, and correct me if I'm wrong.

?
I had this happen to me when my tablet locked up from screen recorder app. My drone just sat out about a mile for 5 minutes while I was rebooting.

?
Yes, that's clear. It is why there is a RTH button on the remote controller ;)

yep.. funny I was sitting there freaking myself out, at that point if my tablet somehow never booted back up, I probably would have just watched it autoland into the trees

Some have to go through that kind of expense before learning at least a few of the woulda coulda shoulda's. Sad part they even read where it happened to someone else, but yet still not think about due to becoming over whelmed at a time of panic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie