Tablet/Phone screen glare

Reaction score
What type of brand anti glare screen cover do you guys recommend? I had to cut my flight short today as it was so bad. I do use the fold up Sun screen but it was a no go for me. I am using a ipad mini.

This is the biggest problem, It is about time a tablet or phone maker realised there would be a huge market for an outdoor screen. The reason they don't is that a screen that looks good in sunlight will look crap indoors in a shop and nobody will buy them!
Some phones/tablets are better than others - Samsung products probably the best but I think they still have a long way to go as well.

What type of brand anti glare screen cover do you guys recommend? I had to cut my flight short today as it was so bad. I do use the fold up Sun screen but it was a no go for me. I am using a ipad mini.
Personally, I dislike glare screens. I haven't found one that doesn't soften text on the screen and it drives me nutty.

At first I used a Mini 2, but it became an instant mirror when walking outside. A sunshade was a must, which was also a pain to deal with every time I took out the P3. When the Mini 2 began to overheat and lag at the start of summer, I gave up and got an Air 2. With its built in glare reduction, the Air 2 has an outstanding screen for outdoor use. I have no issues seeing the screen outdoors and I don't even use a sunshade anymore. Plus the added bonus that it actually works very well in a warm climate.

Reactions: JoBe and TrevorTron
Personally, I dislike glare screens. I haven't found one that doesn't soften text on the screen and it drives me nutty.

At first I used a Mini 2, but it became an instant mirror when walking outside. A sunshade was a must, which was also a pain to deal with every time I took out the P3. When the Mini 2 began to overheat and lag at the start of summer, I gave up and got an Air 2. With its built in glare reduction, the Air 2 has an outstanding screen for outdoor use. I have no issues seeing the screen outdoors and I don't even use a sunshade anymore. Plus the added bonus that it actually works very well in a warm climate.
Thanks for your input. I will consider one in the near future. This sounds better than the iPad mini 2 I am using.

re the Glare on the tablet. I had the same problem. I first added a glare shield to the tablet, it helps but not all that great. I then used a piece of black foam board from the dollar store ($1.00) and cut it to fit around the tablet, I made the depth of the shield about 12" long. This worked great but then there was a problem setting up the P4 on the monitor, So I cut out a piece at the bottom of the shield next to the tablet.. Now I can adjust the tablet and see everything, even standing out in the middle of a field. Oh ya, I attach the shield to the tablet using small velcro straps that way the shield can be used a t will. Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1