Tablet/phone disconnected after a few minutes of flying

Reaction score
Hello
I hope this is not a repeated question. I did try search but did not find anything similar to my problem.

I'm very new to remote control drones, Phantom 3 is my first one. My main purpose is taking aerial photos.

My problem is, Tablet/phone disconnected after a few minutes of flying. I tried it with 2 devices (Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 10) the same thing happens. Has anyone experience this? I'm thinking it might be the remote control is malfunctioning or the tablet is too old.

Any input would be well appreciated.

Best regards
Vasin

Hello
I hope this is not a repeated question. I did try search but did not find anything similar to my problem.

I'm very new to remote control drones, Phantom 3 is my first one. My main purpose is taking aerial photos.

My problem is, Tablet/phone disconnected after a few minutes of flying. I tried it with 2 devices (Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 10) the same thing happens. Has anyone experience this? I'm thinking it might be the remote control is malfunctioning or the tablet is too old.

Any input would be well appreciated.

Best regards
Vasin
have you updated you firmware in the copter?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I did. That's what I thought but it was already updated.

Have you tried using a different usb cable?

Make sure the setting to automatically switch WiFi is off.

I don't know where this setting is located, or how to do it myself, but I've seen lots of other forum users talking about how turning that function off solved the issue you are having.

Best of luck

Hello
I did try to automatically switch WiFi off, still disconnect after a while. I did get a new tablet, dell venue 8 which works ok. No disconnection, some lagging display but does the job. So I guess note 2 and nexus 10 does not work well with the phantom 3.

Did you get the DJI Pilot app from the Google Play store or from the DJI site?
The one from the play store works but crashes. you need get the one from the DJI site.

Mako70 Thank you for your reply. I did use DJI Pilot app from the DJI site.

It could be an overheating problem in the tablet. You can download an app that displays the temperature. I am using CPU Temp by Mooncakes. It shows that the CPU temp in the box where the app says "Safe to Fly". I am not sure yet what the temperature has to reach before the pilot app stops. The strange thing is that the app will start again fairly quickly. I suppose the heat is greater because of needing to use a hood outdoors but in any case graphics processing does produce a lot of heat. There are special coolers for tablets but for the duration of a flight a small cool pack might do.

Hello
I did try to automatically switch WiFi off, still disconnect after a while. I did get a new tablet, dell venue 8 which works ok. No disconnection, some lagging display but does the job. So I guess note 2 and nexus 10 does not work well with the phantom 3.
I got a Nextbook tablet, and loaded app, ran good the first flight or 2, thought i got a cheap tablet that will work, guess what, next flight, got the same ole "disconnected" problem!! guess I did not spend enough money!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20