tablet lag

Reaction score
Hi ive been using a Acer Iconia 7 7inch tablet for flying just started using it and noticed when getting out a ways it starts to slow or chop a bit and find it real hard to see in bright light, whats the best tablet thats between 200 to 300 bucks that has great display (bright) and doest get choppy?

I'd say that currently (for brightest screen) either a Samsung Tab or the Sony Tab.......the lag may be attributed to other factors such as Google Play Service and may be removed by rolling back the Google Play Service version to an older one (I did this on my Tab S, night and day difference with downlink video)

I help people with technology all day long, and for every one Apple problem there's 20 Android problems. I use a iPad mini 2 (with Retina) and other being a little hard to see in bright sun, (and the fact that my glasses are transition lenses) it totally rock stable!. Trouble is if you want to use a few of the other than DJI Go Apps some don't run on iPad. If you kill as many background apps as you can the Samsung Tab is a good choice.

I help people with technology all day long, and for every one Apple problem there's 20 Android problems. I use a iPad mini 2 (with Retina) and other being a little hard to see in bright sun, (and the fact that my glasses are transition lenses) it totally rock stable!. Trouble is if you want to use a few of the other than DJI Go Apps some don't run on iPad. If you kill as many background apps as you can the Samsung Tab is a good choice.
Sorry, but hogwash.....The Sammy Tab runs fine with multiple apps in the background.....early on around P3 launch many ipad users where using fans, icepacks and whatever to keep their iPads cool to avoid lag etc.....If you've been paying attention you know both platforms have had their share of issues with the DJI app and it's not a 20:1 ratio...... To the OP, it boils down to your personal preference and your budget....

I bought a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 for $199 and it sucks. I have suffered for 3 months with this thing. I hear the Tab S is much better with it's octo core but have not tried it myself. I sold my Tab Pro and bought a used Ipad Mini 2 with GPS.....much much better than the Tab Pro so far.

Hi ive been using a Acer Iconia 7 7inch tablet for flying just started using it and noticed when getting out a ways it starts to slow or chop a bit and find it real hard to see in bright light, whats the best tablet thats between 200 to 300 bucks that has great display (bright) and doest get choppy?

The Icona 7 only has the Duel Core processor.. the Icona 8 has the Quad Core. I use the Icona 8 with no problems at all.

But then again.. i can run my Note 3 with no problems either.

Sorry, but hogwash.....The Sammy Tab runs fine with multiple apps in the background.....early on around P3 launch many ipad users where using fans, icepacks and whatever to keep their iPads cool to avoid lag etc.....If you've been paying attention you know both platforms have had their share of issues with the DJI app and it's not a 20:1 ratio...... To the OP, it boils down to your personal preference and your budget....

Yah!!.. HOGWASH!!!..... *couldn't resist :p

Reactions: louforgiveno
The Icona 7 only has the Duel Core processor.. the Icona 8 has the Quad Core. I use the Icona 8 with no problems at all.

But then again.. i can run my Note 3 with no problems either.
Although I'm keeping the ipad mini 2 tablet for most purposes, I'd like to get an android phone to replace my windows phone :(. I want to use the phone for Litchi and UF. ATT has the Note 4 for $0 with contract. Has anyone used this phone? I'm assuming if you used the Note 3 without a problem, the Note 4 might be better?

Although I'm keeping the ipad mini 2 tablet for most purposes, I'd like to get an android phone to replace my windows phone :(. I want to use the phone for Litchi and UF. ATT has the Note 4 for $0 with contract. Has anyone used this phone? I'm assuming if you used the Note 3 without a problem, the Note 4 might be better?
I have a note 4, but use my Tab S for most flights.......what I will say is that without a doubt the note 4 will outperform everything else when it comes to sunlight visibility.....starting with the note 4 (when set to autobrightness) when in direct light the screen brightens up in a way that has to be seen to understand.....and on top of that it is a powerhouse top to bottom.

Has anyone switched from software to hardware decoding to see if that solves your problems??

Who want can try this version of google play services. It's only for ANDROID 5 AND DEVICES WITH 32BIT CPU (note 4 ok f.e.)

http://tiny.cc/x2452x

It's the latest one and solve also issues of battery drain with high cpu usage from play services in sleep mode too.

Reactions: louforgiveno
Tested today my first flight with new 1.4.010 firmware. I've to say that this is the first time I've had smoooooth video feed on my note 4. My configuration: android lollipop 5.0.1, autochannel selection on rc, no app disabled/closed in phone, no airplane mode (i received also whatsapp messages and a call during flight with no issues at all), google play services up to date as linked on my above post.

Who want can try this version of google play services. It's only for ANDROID 5 AND DEVICES WITH 32BIT CPU (note 4 ok f.e.)

http://tiny.cc/x2452x

It's the latest one and solve also issues of battery drain with high cpu usage from play services in sleep mode too.

Steven,

Tomorrow I will get hold of a Samsung tab 4. I do not think that the tab 4 have the update for Android 5. If this is the case this Google Services update is not suitable. Correct?

Steven,

Tomorrow I will get hold of a Samsung tab 4. I do not think that the tab 4 have the update for Android 5. If this is the case this Google Services update is not suitable. Correct?
Maybe not directly from samsung but surely it has made by modders on XDA FORUM. Search xda forum on google and take a look there

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20