Tablet instead of iPad?

Reaction score
Looking at getting a phantom 4 and was wondering if I'd could use a tablet instead of an iPad mini? Any recommendations? Obviously I would like to use a $60.00 android but not sure what is required to use with a p4.

Can any iPad mini work or what do I look for as far as requirements?

You can find a complete list of compatible Apple devices and recommended Android devices here.

Looking at getting a phantom 4 and was wondering if I'd could use a tablet instead of an iPad mini? Any recommendations? Obviously I would like to use a $60.00 android but not sure what is required to use with a p4.

Can any iPad mini work or what do I look for as far as requirements?
No, it must have at least an A7 CPU. However A7 CPU's can overheat in temps over 90F, resulting in video crapping out until it cools off. The A8 CPU is more immune from overheating, used in the iPadMini4 and iPad Air2, as well as the iPhone 6. If you want the least hassle, get an iPad with cell service and active it so maps can easily be downloaded over the network without having to link to your phone. Usually it's about $10/mo to add to your phone account to share the data plan. FYI, the iOS Go4 app works better and feel better than the Android version, IMO.

For DJI Go 4.0, I would stick to iOS devices exclusively. They are reliable and solid - I have never experienced a single mishap with them, ever (iPhone 6Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and now my latest iPad). You will need to use the cell version if you want to have dynamic map loading in the field though, which adds substantially to the cost. A friend of mine used to fly with the Nvidia K1 and he experienced app crashes like every 15 minutes. He has now gone over to use the iPad 4 Mini - no app crashes any more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4