Tablet holder screw

Reaction score
Greetings all...

I just got a "new to me" phantom 3 advanced, and it had a tablet holder (I guess an add on part), but the screw that attaches it to the remote (closest to you, as you hold it) was missing, and the previous owner used duct tape to hold it down, and I want to replace the screw (even if it means replacing the tablet mount), but if I can get the screw, that would be much better...

And no the duct tape was not shown prior to buying it, and I was a little upset...

Upgraded Aluminum Metal Mobile Device Holder For DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1

Remote Controller Bracket Support Pad Holder Mount Adapter For DJI Phantom 3 #IP | eBay

There is an extra screw (the one you are missing) with this Metal Arm kit.
Ii would advise getting the other bracket support in the second link as well. File a little off the metal arm to round it off so that the bracket fits into it more securely. These items will give you a rock solid tablet mount. I have them on 2 P3's and waiting for a set for my P4.

HTH Alan. :)

@Fly Dawg, no offence but the linked arm you posted is more or less the same as the standard DJI with that horribly designed screw down. The link I posted has a proper bolt down into the RC. As I said, mounted rock solid with a minimal amount of work.

Cheers, Alan. :)

I bet that the mounting posts inside the controller are broken, it is common. The remotes fall apart from the inside. It is bad plastic. If you take it apart, all the screw holes will probably fall to pieces. That is probably why the previous owner had to remove it and did not put it back on. Search for "broken controller plastic"

Greetings all...

I just got a "new to me" phantom 3 advanced, and it had a tablet holder (I guess an add on part), but the screw that attaches it to the remote (closest to you, as you hold it) was missing, and the previous owner used duct tape to hold it down, and I want to replace the screw (even if it means replacing the tablet mount), but if I can get the screw, that would be much better...

And no the duct tape was not shown prior to buying it, and I was a little upset...

Yes you already made your purchase and all you want is the screw without having to purchase a completely new unit... But DJI doesn't list it and I haven't heard of anyone yet getting a quick response from them about this issue (which is more common than you might think - missing or lost screw).

I think DJI should make them readily available for sale.

I'm using a flanged head, allen-head screw and it works just fine, but I would like to use the correct part.

Check the links in my Post #3 above. I can recommend both metal arm and bracket support. I think they cost me about £8, approx $10.
I think these are the best option for Controller mount fixes. (Providing the threaded mount insert is still intact.
BTW, do not fit the bracket support to ordinary/DJI Standard remote arms. The bracket will 'seal in' the twist in barrel.
These replacement arm I have linked are aluminium 'bolt down' items and can be removed for whatever reason, even with the support fitted.
IMO, the design of the Phantom Mount with that 'barrel twist' is mechanically feeble.

HTH, Cheers Alan.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20