Tablet for sunny and reflective environments

Reaction score
Im looking for a (not very expensive) tablet, with GPS, to run Litchi smoothly and follow on the screen the flight of my Phantom 4 (waypoints mode) without problems.

Currently I'm using my Samsung S5 smartphone but the screen is a little too small and I also can't receive phone calls during flights so I need a tablet dedicated to this purpose. Also I can not even install the app dji go because it conflicts with Litchi on this device.

Inside the tablet I will not insert a sim card, so I will not have an Internet connection, so I have to be able to load the map to be flown over (and the Litchi mission file) with the wifi/usb at home.

Important: the display must be clearly visible in sunny and highly reflective outdoors.

Reactions: Kirby Johnson
Im looking for a (not very expensive) tablet, with GPS, to run Litchi smoothly and follow on the screen the flight of my Phantom 4 (waypoints mode) without problems.

Currently I'm using my Samsung S5 smartphone but the screen is a little too small and I also can't receive phone calls during flights so I need a tablet dedicated to this purpose. Also I can not even install the app dji go because it conflicts with Litchi on this device.

Inside the tablet I will not insert a sim card, so I will not have an Internet connection, so I have to be able to load the map to be flown over (and the Litchi mission file) with the wifi/usb at home.

Important: the display must be clearly visible in sunny and highly reflective outdoors.
Are you talking to us earthlings? We don't have those here on Earth.

There have been a lot of discussions on here about that subject. Just learn how the (Goofy) search here works. You are probably not going to find anything that will fill the bill, based on what I have read.

I am also new with the same issues, my phone works well but it is a killer to see in sun so most flights are within my vision unless it's somewhat cloudy. I bought a cheap newTab E last week and will maybe try it this weekend if it warms up, -3 this morning.

I am not sure on the Tab E 8.0 as I haven'the used it for a screen yet, it does have a outdoor mode so I hope it's ok

Went out for a 10 min flight, still 20 degrees f, hands were pretty cold. The Tab E was not that bad to see, better than my LG G3 but the screen kept freezing and went all lines, not sure if processor is too slow (1.3) also was using dji go and got notice on screen that it was unsupported so while battery is charging I deleted and installed dji go 4. I have read somewhere to go thru tablet and get rid of bloatware? Not sure if that speeds it up. Hopefully I can get this resolved or will have to try other tablets.

Reactions: PeteM
I thank you for the feedback.

I looked better to the characteristics of the Tab E and I have to say that these are very low... I think not enough to guarantee an experience free of freezes or lags...

I'm trying to find a model with good hardware out of Samsung or Apple... Asus, Huawei and Lenovo, for example, seem to have tablets with discrete hardware at affordable prices...

Has anyone used a anti-glare screen to improve view in sunlight? If so, results?
Thanks for assistance. Great Forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl