Tablet advice

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a tablet to use rather than my phone and I have some questions.

Do I need a data plan/cellular service?

I would like to stick with apple as I have an iPhone 6s. Can someone give me a few examples of 8" tablets that would work?

Would like to spend less than $200 if possible.

I would like to purchase a tablet to use rather than my phone and I have some questions.

I would like to stick with apple as I have an iPhone 6s. Can someone give me a few examples of 8" tablets that would work?

If you want to stay with Apple as you noted, I would suggest nothing older than an A7 processor. That means nothing older than an Air 1 / Mini 2.
Also, if you are interested in different scenarios with iOS devices (with and without data plans and GPS), click here and read that post.

Reactions: JoBe

You don't need a data plan, but you will need a Wi-Fi connection to do the initial login into the app and to cache the maps.
Unless you can find one used, you are not going to be able to get a recent vintage iPad that will work. Apple sells certified refurbished iPads, but not at that price point.

Really not wanting to spend $400 for a tablet just to fly this thing,...any other options??

Really not wanting to spend $400 for a tablet just to fly this thing,...any other options??
Go Android. The Nexus 7 (2013 model) and Nvidia Shield tablets should be within your price range.

You can find a complete list of compatible Apple tablets here.

If you're looking to save some money, check out the deals on eBay. You can save some cash by buying a used Apple tablet there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4