T-motors then crash

Reaction score
Just thought i share the first crash of my p2v

i changed to t-motor then some oem carbon propeller
one of the propeller then came loose and my p2v free fall to the ground from roughly 110ft
the nut on the t-motor will loosen by itself, i always tighten it before takeoff but **** happen.

:lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Yet another reason not to buy carbon props or third party props

to be fair, its the t-motor nuts that are loose.
the prop didnt fail me there, and after browsing over at phantom non-vision i notice alot of ppl are having this problem... maybe "we" are tricked by t-motors installation diagram.
i think i may have install wrongly the motor, just posting to let ppl know this kind of error exist..

happy flying..

The T-motor wires could be color coded or labeled better, like the DJI motors, but if they're installed incorrectly and it's spinning the wrong direction, you won't be able to take off. Even at full power, the Phantom will just sit there with the props going. So, if you were up in the air, it's unlikely that the installation was wrong. Maybe check the balance on the props? I had to balance each of the CF props to eliminate in-air shaking. After balancing and pre-flight tightening of each of the prop nuts, no problems since! (now I just jinxed myself and will have a fly away)... :shock: Maybe you can try DJI motor caps: http://www.helipal.com/phantom-21a-moto ... -4pcs.html

Duke131 said:
The T-motor wires could be color coded or labeled better, like the DJI motors, but if they're installed incorrectly and it's spinning the wrong direction, you won't be able to take off. Even at full power, the Phantom will just sit there with the props going. So, if you were up in the air, it's unlikely that the installation was wrong. Maybe check the balance on the props? I had to balance each of the CF props to eliminate in-air shaking. After balancing and pre-flight tightening of each of the prop nuts, no problems since! (now I just jinxed myself and will have a fly away)... :shock: Maybe you can try DJI motor caps: http://www.helipal.com/phantom-21a-moto ... -4pcs.html

hi duke,

then i guess i have installed the motor correctly, so the problem should be the t-motors nuts.. yeah will try the dji motor caps once they send my battered p2v back..
the first time i try to take off the p2v after the installation, p2v seems leaning toward the back and wanting to perform a backflip so i power down and exchange the props and voila it hover.. so happy with it at that moment..

I just installed the t-motors last night and while the installation was pretty easy, the threads are not correct and I nearly stripped them putting on the stock blades. Something is definitely off on the threads, but I finally got them on and everything seems to be working. Haven't had a chance to fly but I did turb it on and hover about 2 feet just to make sure it actually lifted off the ground. Did anyone else experience issues with the thread on the motors when installing the stock blades?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Mine were really tight too, after initial installation. I think it's the extra layer of white paint on the threads that cause it to be so tight, even with stock props. It should loosen and be more like normal after you've taken off and put on the props a few times.

I felt like I was almost RE threading when trying to out them on the right direction. It was Almost as if the threads were backwards. After removing and reinstalling the blades a few times it definitely got easier but I think the threads are messed up. The paint definitely made it more difficult but it's more than that. The threads have to be wrong.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31