T motors on P2V with reduced speed limit ?

Reaction score
Wondering if the T motors I have on my phantom 2 vision are now useless and of no benefit to have now that dji has hobbled the top speed in the latest firmware update????? I have t motors on my phantom but now thinking they cant give me any additional speed being the fastest I can get now is gps mode is about 25mph and only about 35 mph in atti mode. Which is pretty slow. So I'm thinking of swapping the t motors for the motors in my FC40 Being there is no speed limit set yet on the fc40 and I already am getting 60mph top speed out of it and thinking now that the p2v has a speed limit set on it that I'd at least be able to still put the t motors to some good use if they went in my fc40 instead of wasting them in the p2v. esp considering my fc40 is more my stunt/racer now anyway.

So wonering what any one else opinion is on the t motors usefulness on a phantom that cant take any advantage of the t motors extra power and speed????????????????? and wondering if there is any discernible difference in the stock motors in the fc40 compared to the stock motors that are in the phantom 2 visionan and will the FC40 motors work in a p2v ????

All Phantom stock motors are interchangeable between the different models (P1/P2/P2V/P2V+/FC40).

You may be crediting the t-motors with doing more for you than they really do. Put them on your FC40 and I expect you'll find they don't give the speed boost you're thinking they do. While they do seem to give a marginal increase in efficiency (emphasis on the "marginal"), their performance is otherwise almost identical to DJI's motors.

ya The only thing I can notice as far as difference in the t motors besides them not being as ruggedly built as the stock motors.
is they do seem to have more torque and gives me a tiny bit quicker take off when going from idling speed they seem to spin up faster when I hit the throttle. and it instantly takes off. Compared to the extra second or 2 it seems to take to get the props spinning fast enough to get lift off. But other then that I dont seem to find any thing else about them that seems to add much benefit.. I don't even think they are giving me any extra flight time either. They do sound cooler then the stock motors but I could really care less what they sound like.

did you try them on the FC40 yet? im looking for speed,. and are you using the T M props? thanks

I havn't tried them on the fc40 yet. Nore have I tried the tiger motor props yet on either of them. I did try to use the P2V props on the c40 ad they actually cut down my over all speed on the fc40 big time and also would cause the fc40 to go in to a VRS when ever trying to land if not careful and almost bit the pavement a few times. So I went back to the stock props on it.

I did get a chance to test the vision against the fc40 yesterday to make sure I was not just imagining or thinking the p2v with the tiger motors just goes from idol to air born as soon as I lay on the throttle. While the fc40 always seemed to take a bit for the motors to get enough lift to get air born. I had the both on the ground and started both of them. Then I launched them both up and hit the throttle on both of them at the same time. The heavier Vision just went from idol to flying. like nothing. and the fc40 was still on the ground and about 3 seconds or so behind the vision. The props could of accounted for some of it. But even back when I had tried the p2vprops on the fc40 it still seemed to take a bit for the motors to wind up fast enough to get it to lift off. tho the fc40 would climb like a bat out of hell once it did ever lift off when I was flying with the p2v props.

Are you using the stock 8" props on the FC40? Those do produce a fair bit less lift than the P2 props, so they'll take longer to get their feet under them when you launch.

The T-motors may wind up a tiny bit faster, I dunno...never noticed that really but I wasn't looking at that in particular either :)

RIght now i have stoc 8inch props ion the FC40 cause its much more stable being the 8 inch props dont have any issues with VRS like the P2V props do. But when I did try out 9 inch vision props on the fc40 it did have a heck of a lot more lift and accent speed. Once they were up to full speed but it still took a bit for the motors to get up to full rpm from idol speed. But the bigger props also have more inertia to over come so it took just as long or longer to go from slow idol speed to lift off speed. Tho once they were and it was up off the ground it would shoot up like a rocket.

Yes the 8045's do beat out the 9443's when it comes to smoothness, I've been known to use mine every now and then for just that reason. VRS isn't as big an issue on the lighter F40 but it is a factor to keep in mind whenever using the 9" props. It's should be fairly easy for you to avoid those effects with careful management of your descent speed and angle.

DJI is on the cusp of releasing an updated version of the 9443's (they'll be 9450's) which are designed specifically to help with VRS.

WHen I adjusted my gains I was able to at least have the VRS not be so bad. and also being careful to not descend straight down. Tho any time if i tried to let it land its self like after a rth it would still so it. That was some thing I really didn't like. esp if any thing ever went wrong with the tx that could cause me to have to let it fully auto land its self.

But once them 9450's are more available I way want to try them out on the FC40 and I might even drop back to the phantom visions version 1.8 of the assistant software which has the faster accent speed and or have the max speed clamped back.

I've taken the time (a lot of time) to practice anti-VRS descent patterns, and now I can pretty consistently nail a 20-30deg slope at 2m/s at will, even entering it from odd angles or at speed, and regardless of aircraft orientation.

I've taken the time (a lot of time) to practice anti-VRS descent patterns, and now I can pretty consistently nail a 20-30deg slope at 2m/s at will, even entering it from odd angles or at speed, and regardless of aircraft orientation.

Sweet. Ive been doing so practicing on doing slopped decent and some spirals to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers