T Motor MN2214 HELP!

Reaction score
Hey all. I hope everyone is having a good day. I came here looking for help/insight on an issue I'm experiencing. I have a Phantom 2 and I ordered a set of T Motors upgrades for it. I received it and installed it exactly how the instructions that were packaged with it said. Now the Phantom won't take off. It just sits there and even when I increase throttle it stays put and doesn't take of. It's as if it's thrusting downward. I've triple checked all connections. I don't know what to do. Can someone help?!!! I'd be forever grateful!

Thanks

DC

Sounds like you may have the motors in the wrong location, or the motors are wired backwards. Make sure you have the lid to the shell back on properly (with the stripes to the front of the Phantom) and check the icons on the arms to make sure the motors are turning the right way.

OI Photography said:
Sounds like you may have the motors in the wrong location, or the motors are wired backwards. Make sure you have the lid to the shell back on properly (with the stripes to the front of the Phantom) and check the icons on the arms to make sure the motors are turning the right way.

Could that be possible even though I mimicked the instructions? Should I go against what the instructions said?

Attachments

• 20130913114137267.jpg
    20130913114137267.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 528
Those instructions can be confusing, what matters is that the motors/props spin the direction the NAZA expects them to. The Icons on the arms indicate the way the motors should spin. The props should screw on in the opposite direction the motors spin.

If the motors spin the wrong direction but the props are in the right place, you'll need to switch two of the 3 motor wires. If the motors spin in the right direction but the props aren't in the right spot, you'll need to move the motors to new locations (or swap the bells on the motors).

All is good now. I moved the motors around and rewired them so the actual propeller setup matched my stock setup. Doesn't really match the instructions but it's working as it should so I'm not worried about the "mismatch" Thanks!

I can't use the standard props on my t-motors because they are threaded in the opposite way to the standard motors. I have got some carbon fiber props with separate nuts.

cshaw said:
I can't use the standard props on my t-motors because they are threaded in the opposite way to the standard motors. I have got some carbon fiber props with separate nuts.

They're threaded just like the stock motors (2CW, 2CCW), they just have to be mounted in the proper locations based on the thread...which can be difficult to get right the first time thanks to the T-motors install diagram (and apparently a batch of the motors was mis-labeled from the factory). If you swap the locations of your motors, you'll be able to use the self-tightening props. However, you can still use DJI's P2 props (the 9443 model) even if you don't swap the motors, as they now have a non-self-tightening version: http://1uas.com/DJI-Propeller-9-White-P ... ch=Phantom props

I had to swap my motor locations. Looks like mine were from the mislabeled batch. Good to know they have a non self-tightening version

Sent from my iPhone

I guess mine are mislabeled then as the treads are definitely opposite and the props self loosen if the motors rotate as marked.
So if I move my motors , put the cw where the ccw should be and vice-versa. I then swap the wiring to reverse the spin direction of the motor and the props will self tighten. Does it make any difference which way they spin. I mean is there a physical difference in the design of the CW and CCW motors themselves or is it just the wiring?

cshaw said:

careful on using the separate nuts.. i have mine free falling because of the loose nut...

cshaw said:
I guess mine are mislabeled then as the treads are definitely opposite and the props self loosen if the motors rotate as marked.
So if I move my motors , put the cw where the ccw should be and vice-versa. I then swap the wiring to reverse the spin direction of the motor and the props will self tighten. Does it make any difference which way they spin. I mean is there a physical difference in the design of the CW and CCW motors themselves or is it just the wiring?

Nope, the motors are the same internally and are able to spin in either direction (just by swapping wiring connections as you mentioned). The only difference is the direction of prop threads on the shaft.

No matter what you do or how you make the connections you must make sure the propellers are following the right direction. On the self-tightening props the clockwise propellers are marked black on the center and the counter-clockwise is marked silver. The direction should be as demonstrated in this graphic. I learned the hard way.
aqatyvyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhern

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj