T-Motor Anti-Gravity upgrade

Reaction score
Well I've flown the Phantom a few times now with the new T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors, and I really like them.

Even with all the added weight of the GoPro with waterproof housing, gimbal, bec's etc, It performs extremely well.
I am using 9" carbon fiber props too.

The flight characteristics are so smooth and responsive, I don't think there is anything about this setup I would change.

I am looking forward to FPV flying, if I ever get my FatShark kit.

I am using the gains that DJI recommends for the FW330, I'm not sure what the original Phantom gains were.

On a side note, I have replaced all 4 of my esc's, after that one caught fire, and I don't get that high pitched whine
anymore.

That's cool. Which ESCs did you go with?

That's cool. Which ESCs did you go with?

Actually I just got replacement esc's on ebay, from a place in New York, but the interesting thing is that the firmware chips
have FW330 on them.

I bought DJI 30 amp Opto esc's for the Phantom, but they were too large, so they will go on the TBS Discovery I'm building, and I plan to flash the firmware chips to improve performance,and eliminate that high pitch whine.

Turns out the DJI esc's are rebranded Turnigy products.

I have a stock Phantom on it's 7th flight now and straight out of the box I hear a high pitched whining noise when flying. The props are balanced and although I did not balance the motors, I did rev them up without the props attached both with/without the prop nuts to check for vibration in the body of the craft. It flies incredibly well and so far I am impressed with the product. Up to this point I figured that the high pitched whining noise during flight is normal since it flies well and none of the motors are excessively warm after flight. So, my question is, is that noise something to be concerned about, or is it just inherent in the design of the product? If it is nothing to worry about, then I can live with it as once you fly it far enough away from you, you cant hear it anyway.

Otherwise, I need to know if mine has a defect so I can swap it out while still within my return policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

I will add. It is more noticeable with the throttle past 50% (so basically after take off). But once in flight, throttle position does not seem to have much effect on noise. I did many quick ascend/descend maneuvers in my living room to see if changing throttle input has an effect. It does not appear to.

I got to tell you, I put the T-motors in today and did my first test flight. They are awesome, you can just see the Phantom hovers smoother, has more power at half throttle, also has a bit of a higher pitch sound but in general it just flies better. Note also installed 8 inch carbon fibre blades over stocked white ones, the combination of the two are more than noticeably different.

Dracman said:
I got to tell you, I put the T-motors in today and did my first test flight. They are awesome, you can just see the Phantom hovers smoother, has more power at half throttle, also has a bit of a higher pitch sound but in general it just flies better. Note also installed 8 inch carbon fibre blades over stocked white ones, the combination of the two are more than noticeably different.

Where did you order them from?
How long did it take to get them?

Do you see a noticeable difference in video stability?

Thanks.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things you will notice after installing T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors on your Phantom.

1. Suddenly, no more cloudy days, It's always 76deg. F.
2. Colors usually thought to be drab, now pop with their spectacular displays of beauty. (disclaimer:) Walmart women
no matter how colorful, are NOT displays of beauty.
3. When you arrive home from a grueling day, and open the front door, the wife says "dinner will be ready by the time
you finish this cocktail, which she then hands him. The children bless their hearts, one has the tv remote, and the
other, the newspaper, with the sports page displayed prominently on front. Before leaving to finish their own
homework, they are heard to ask. "Is there anything else you'd like daddy ?" Then they skip off to their rooms, where
the gentle sound of classical music are emanating from.
4. Your wife comes, and gives an update on the playful Lobster Fest dinner she has prepared, while rubbing the tiredness
out of your aching shoulders. (It probalbly doesn't hurt that there is nothing under that silk shirt either.)
5. After dinner, you ask the wife if she loaded the automatic Koi fish feeder to the bottom of your Phantom, because
after all, you did upgrade the motors with the family's prize winning Koi Fish in mind. :cool:

I know how much you are liking the new motors. They were an amazing choice.

Audaciter said:
The things you will notice after installing T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors on your Phantom.

Colors usually thought to be drab, now pop with their spectacular displays of beauty. (disclaimer:) Walmart women

we are definitely shopping at different Walmarts......oh wait your married...retract that.....waving at Audaciters wife :mrgreen:

BruceTS said:
Audaciter said:

Colors usually thought to be drab, now pop with their spectacular displays of beauty. (disclaimer:) Walmart women

we are definitely shopping at different Walmarts......oh wait your married...retract that.....waving at Audaciters wife :mrgreen:

LOL!

:lol: Yeah, we're definitely at different Walmart's . As a locksmith, I used to have to visit them all over the South Bay Area,
and I cannot remember seeing even one attractive woman.
Maybe it's because the hideous ones make Roseanne Barr, and Honey Boo Boo's mamma look common.

There are two places I no longer go, That's Walmart, and Hometown Buffet . :shock:

I've seen a lot of bad stuff, that I can't unsee. :eek:

Do these have ceramic bearings then? What are you doing as far as lubrication of the bearings?

MisterG said:
Do these have ceramic bearings then? What are you doing as far as lubrication of the bearings?

No maintenance required, except for simple cleaning. Bearings are sealed so no lub because you could melt grease inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic