T-Motor Anti-Gravity MN2214 Upgrade

Reaction score
I'm interest to hear from anyone who has done this upgrade to their P2. Was it worth the upgrade? Better performance? Do I have to get different props? If so, which ones do you recommend?

I upgraded in the hope that the new motors would be more reliable long term as I'm sure they will be. Didn't notice any improvement but I'm not **** enough to bother about that. Used same props. I'm now more confident in the kit, Nice upgrade

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

philipfretwell said:
I upgraded in the hope that the new motors would be more reliable long term as I'm sure they will be. Didn't notice any improvement but I'm not **** enough to bother about that. Used same props. I'm now more confident in the kit, Nice upgrade

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input! :)

I did it. Can't recommend it. No improvement at all in my opinion. In fact, caused some electrical issues. The stock motors with the stock props are fantastic.

It is on my wishlist... but I may not see it through before moving into a large quad... all my research tells me it is an improvement- more thrust, smoother operation, slightly better flight times, and more durable. Also quieter.

There aremost likely going to be future upgraded motors- I suggest hanging tight for the summer, and waiting to see what Tiger or others come out with- DJI also has some nice proprietary motors for their other platforms and they make make an upgrade too- one never knows as the Phantom product line has DJI scrambling to serve the frenzy.

Many other upgrades before taking that motor plunge seem to better invested... and keep in mind, unless they have made changes, there has been much confusion on proper wiring as the upgraded motors all come with 3 wires of the same color... and with 2 ccw and 2 cw, that cannot be messed up.

My Phantom is tron down now (wreck repair) and when it is like this, I want to swap motors... but I still wait to see in case a bigger or better one is released this year.

I hear they are moving the Phantoms to the E300 tuned propulsion system. I know they just moved the 450 and 550 to it. That should net some improved performance.

I read that they are just switching over now....so it's a crap shoot what you will get.

But that's supposed to be pretty good. You can run a pitchier prop too, like a 9x4.3

But if you are an early adopter and missed out on the E300 upgrade (like many of us did), just the improvement alone in reliability with the AntiGravity T-motors make it worthy. You will improve flight time by about 1 minute. It offers more punch, but I also hear stiffer props are in order. The T-motor Carbon Props for that motor seem to offer more punch as they are light, stiffer etc. So they won't twist and lose some thrust across the blades.

Magnumb said:
I hear they are moving the Phantoms to the E300 tuned propulsion system. I know they just moved the 450 and 550 to it. That should net some improved performance.

I read that they are just switching over now....so it's a crap shoot what you will get.

Where did you hear this? Is this the beginning of the Phantom 2.1?

I bought a set, but haven't installed them. Waiting for a ceramic bearing kit to come out for them. Not that the bearings they come with are not good, just that I prefer to use grease and ceramics to keep from having to oil and reduce maintenance frequency.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj