T-Mobile: Free Data for LTE Devices

Reaction score
I got an iPad Pro 9.7 Wifi+LTE yesterday and realized that T-Mobile offers FREE DATA for life. You get 200MB of free T-Mobile data every 30 days. No contract no BS. They also offer a 5 month 5GB plan for $10.

This would be great for downloading maps when you are filming in a new location. Fantastic service too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: StefanL
I got it on some tablet (Windows) I bought but I never use it. It stays active though. I thought this was a manufacturer's offer and not a standing one for just anybody but I could be mistaken, of course.

There are SIM cards and all kinds of stuff potentially involved.

Reactions: StefanL
Do you have a link to this offer?

No actual link that I could find but plenty of websites and blogs discuss it:
How to get a free data plan for your iPad

I just clicked the "Cellular Settings" in my iPad, tapped Tmobile, and clicked the "Free 200MB Data Plan". Worked just fine this morning on my commute to work, and it was really fast (just as fast as my iPhone 6 w/Verizon). I'll be paying the $10 to get 5GB for 5 months. For P4 mission planning and exploration, it is perfect.

I got it on some tablet (Windows) I bought but I never use it. It stays active though. I thought this was a manufacturer's offer and not a standing one for just anybody but I could be mistaken, of course.

There are SIM cards and all kinds of stuff potentially involved.

iPad Pro comes pre-installed with a universal SIM card that works with Sprint/Tmobile/At&t in the US. For verizon, you need a verizon specific sim card. It took me 3 whole minutes to activate it.

Those universal SIMS are a fairly new thing and they MAY be unique to Apple devices. I'm not sure.

Thanks for the link and info! I suspect 200MB will load a lot of map date to fly with each month as well as provide enough data to unlock GEO areas if needed and w/in cell service.

No problemo, I figured some people would be very interested in this. The real deal is the 5GB for 150days plan for just $10. Plus you get an extra 200MB free every month. So 6GB of data for $10 aint bad at all.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues