System malfunction

Reaction score
Hi

I've had my p3s for over 2 weeks now and I couldn't be happier :) Until that is I ordered a ARGtek range extender kit which I successfully installed last night without any problems. I took it out and tested it today and I was very disappointed with the results, (280-300 metres started losing signal), it was poorer than the windsurfer homemade extender I had made! I thought this was a bit puzzling so I took it apart again and installed the stock antenna and wifi leads etc. I hadn't put on much hot glue so was easy to work with and I have found the connections quite secure anyway.

When I tried it again after it was all back together I could not get any RC signal, keeps saying RC SIGNAL LOST. So I thought it may be the IMU. I calibrated the IMU which was successful. I then restarted all the equipment and updated the Firmware which failed and now some reason the aircraft is not right at all. Its making loud alarm like horn noises every 2 seconds and is failing to connect to the controller.

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar experience?? What have I done???

i got the loud sirens for about 25 minutes while it was updating annoying as all hell. i also did not have any success with an argtek "upgrade" i think if perhaps this forum page did not exist, id never know about the possibilities that the standard can have, and id been just happy with what i was getting. it seems like everyone is obsessed with flying to the extremes. back in the day it was overclocking a pentium 133 chip, usually fried it. we as humans are never happy with what we have, always gotta make it better. usually it ends up worse.

I have a argtek on mine it doubled the range use to lose signal at 1300 feet now get 2400 to 2800 feet in a heavy congested neighborhood

Yeah it's very unpredictable whether the range extenders work or not, varies hugely depending on geographical location etc

I've been looking on forum regarding firmware updates and they seem to be a real pain in the ***! I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it, thank goodness for this forum we all have!

yeah trees power lines everything will effect it unless you go over water then sky is the limit

Sounds like you either either somehow burned out the transmitter due to a loose antenna connection or you somehow broke the jack on the transmitter board internally without noticing. I can't think of another explanation that matches what you describe.

Seems that the problem was to do with updating the firmware. I turned aircraft on and left it for half hour with connection to remote and iPhone active while it still sounded like a bloody alarm clock then eventually it went back to normal sound and now everything's going fine! Even managed to get 750m range so very happy drone pilot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.