Sync

Reaction score
When in the app you are on flight record, it has the option for sync. Where does this actually sync with? Dji?

yes, DJI's "cloud". Allows you to share flight logs across devices. Though it doesn't actually work on Android (or, at least on the Shield tablet... it's a known bug apparently).

My longest flight was on my android though I mainly use iOS. Tried synching android to the cloud but no luck. I will always stay stuck as a junior pilot :(

I mean, it's technically sitting on their servers. Whether anyone looks at them, I don't know.

I was seeing sync failed on both of my tablets (android, n9 and Tango). Every time I tried a sync it would count up to 100% and then flash "synchronization failed" I also had some bad data where it merged 2 flights and claimed I had a 193 minute flight.

On the tablet that only had one flight on it, I finally bit the bullet and told it to clear all locally cached flights (after taking a screenshot). The screen cleared, I hit sync again and finally got a full successful synchronization. Repeat on the other tablet, synchronization successful.

In the end I lost 2 flights that I'll chock up to server issues on the mysterious DJI Cloud, but synchronization is working great.

I was seeing sync failed on both of my tablets (android, n9 and Tango). Every time I tried a sync it would count up to 100% and then flash "synchronization failed" I also had some bad data where it merged 2 flights and claimed I had a 193 minute flight.

On the tablet that only had one flight on it, I finally bit the bullet and told it to clear all locally cached flights (after taking a screenshot). The screen cleared, I hit sync again and finally got a full successful synchronization. Repeat on the other tablet, synchronization successful.

In the end I lost 2 flights that I'll chock up to server issues on the mysterious DJI Cloud, but synchronization is working great.
Interesting. Did you have the Play Store version installed before you installed 1.1 from the DJI site? So you deleted all your flight records on both devices? And you're able to sync your new flights successfully?

Interesting. Did you have the Play Store version installed before you installed 1.1 from the DJI site? So you deleted all your flight records on both devices? And you're able to sync your new flights successfully?

I definitely had the play store version first on the Tango, not sure on the n9, but likely.

I just tested again and both tablets sync successful and new flights from the n9 now show up on the Tango. Both tablets report "Synchronization Successful"

I definitely had the play store version first on the Tango, not sure on the n9, but likely.

I just tested again and both tablets sync successful and new flights from the n9 now show up on the Tango. Both tablets report "Synchronization Successful"
That's actually really helpful information. I wonder if the 1.0.x version left some conflicting files on the device when we installed 1.1 over the top. I just smoked the record on my phone and it syncs successfully (and it should, since there are no records to sync :)) So I'm clear, did you also smoke the records on your other device as well? I'm assuming so, which would kind of suck since I have a bunch...

That's actually really helpful information. I wonder if the 1.0.x version left some conflicting files on the device when we installed 1.1 over the top. I just smoked the record on my phone and it syncs successfully (and it should, since there are no records to sync :)) So I'm clear, did you also smoke the records on your other device as well? I'm assuming so, which would kind of suck since I have a bunch...

When you sync on your phone it should start pulling down records from the other device. On the other device, when you sync it should be getting close to 100% before it gives you the failed message. On you device with all of the flight logs, run sync multiple times until you start seeing good data on show up on the phone. Don't clear the records on you primary device until you are happy with what is showing up on the phone, because what is showing up on the phone is all that has been able to be synchronized with the mystical DJI Cloud servers.

Added: If nothing is uploading to the DJI cloud after several attempts to sync, it would be better to bite the bullet now and clear your flight logs now so you don't lose any more flights

Does the cloud backup sync across Apple devices? I use an iPhone 6 Plus but I am going to try an iPad Air tomorrow.

Last edited:
When you sync on your phone it should start pulling down records from the other device. On the other device, when you sync it should be getting close to 100% before it gives you the failed message. On you device with all of the flight logs, run sync multiple times until you start seeing good data on show up on the phone. Don't clear the records on you primary device until you are happy with what is showing up on the phone, because what is showing up on the phone is all that has been able to be synchronized with the mystical DJI Cloud servers.

Added: If nothing is uploading to the DJI cloud after several attempts to sync, it would be better to bite the bullet now and clear your flight logs now so you don't lose any more flights
Got it. And thanks, I fully agree with your last statement. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: ctp
I mean, it's technically sitting on their servers. Whether anyone looks at them, I don't know.
I believe it's on the apple servers.. the cloud.
Doe the cloud backup sync across Apple devices? I use an iPhone 6 Plus but I am going to try an iPad Air tomorrow.
Yes it does. I can view logs on two different ipads and my iphone 6

Can you access your 'coud sync'd flight data' from a computer via a DJI account? I haven't seen it anywhere. It's in a cloud somewhere that someone has access to just not the 'creator of the data'?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers