Syma X5C-1

Reaction score
Syma X5C-1 quad.
Does anyone own one of these?
Does it fly as easy as videos and reviews say it does?
Saw a video and was surprised at the low price. Expected much more.

I don't have one, but I was with a friend when he flew his in a moderate wind. He was telling me how much fun it is to fly, that it is a little tricky to fly, that it is a tough little bird in crashes. Then a gust of wind caught it and carried it over a hill and out of sight. He found it later, undamaged, but couldn't fly it any more than day because its battery was too low. It wasn't charged very much to begin with that day. I was impressed and just haven't gotten around to ordering one for my grandkids to crash.

Back to life with this one. After a long time I ended up with more than one of these and can say for sure, if you want something fun to play with, and learn how to fly something that you have to work at, this would be a good one. I am surprised on how stable this Syma is. Outdoors with zero wind you can actually get it to stay in place just like it had GPS. Several seconds without any hands on the knobs. It will move or drop after a time, but will surprise you on how long it will hover. If you are a good pilot you could have a blast flying one of these around. Too bad the Phantom does not hold up like one of these in a crash. Big reason is they weigh almost nothing. I had one in a snow(crap)bank for 1-1/2 months, in a tree for about a week, crashed it 60+ times, and it still flies like it did out of the box. Just be sure you get the -1. Pros state it is much more stable.
(I have no investment in the company)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj