Switching to Atti, with Multiple Flight mode disabled, resets the p3p from erroneous P-OPTI mode!

Reaction score
Since I discovered the above and it might help others, I thought it deserves its own thread.

After my near flyaway, I examined the logs and my latest conclusion is that:
Switching to Atti, with Multiple Flight mode disabled, resets the p3p from erroneous P-OPTI mode!

Switching to Atti should not be doing anything, but I am glad it did. The logs reveal that I had Multiple Flight mode disabled. My near flyaway was a result of the p3p switching to P-OPTI, for a reason that is still unclear to me, while it was at a height of 33 meters.

However, as it turns out, my physical switching it to Atti, was the trigger that reset it to P-GPS and allowed me to regain (partial) control and land it back safely.

I notified dji, as can be seen here. Let's hope we can get some answers.

I don't think it matters that multiple flight mode is disabled. Also, I always make it a habit to "take control" by physically switching to ATTI when there's issues. Learned this on my FC40. The phantom going into another mode, even ATTI on its own (ie. due to loss of satellites) isn't the same as manually switching (so it can't automatically go back and forth between modes). With the P3 and logs, people have more visibility to how the flight controller behaves. But for us 'oldies' it reaffirms our approach to flying.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I don't think it matters that multiple flight mode is disabled. Also, I always make it a habit to "take control" by physically switching to ATTI when there's issues. Learned this on my FC40. The phantom going into another mode, even ATTI on its own (ie. due to loss of satellites) isn't the same as manually switching (so it can't automatically go back and forth between modes). With the P3 and logs, people have more visibility to how the flight controller behaves. But for us 'oldies' it reaffirms our approach to flying.

Yes you are right, but this is not the case here. I reviewed the logs and discovered that satellites were ok: 15. Everything was OK then it switched on its own to P-OPTI mode and started drifting. The thing that got it back to P-GPS was me flicking the switch. That is the point I am trying to make.

Yes you are right, but this is not the case here. I reviewed the logs and discovered that satellites were ok: 15. Everything was OK then it switched on its own to P-OPTI mode and started drifting. The thing that got it back to P-GPS was me flicking the switch. That is the point I am trying to make.
I had a similar fly away this morning. How did you access all the data in your logs. I could to with comparing my data with the issues you had. Cheers

The data is located on both the phantom and the mobile device.
I didn't find the data on the device useful and it also takes way too much time to downLoad.
The data on my iPad was very useful.
You need to connect your phone/tablet to the computer and access your app data. You will find TXT files. You can upload them to a djilogs.com which will convert them to a csv which you can open in excel. Then you can start analyzing and comparing to the information in the user center for this flight.

Reactions: Kev Farthing
The data is located on both the phantom and the mobile device.
I didn't find the data on the device useful and it also takes way too much time to downLoad.
The data on my iPad was very useful.
You need to connect your phone/tablet to the computer and access your app data. You will find TXT files. You can upload them to a djilogs.com which will convert them to a csv which you can open in excel. Then you can start analyzing and comparing to the information in the user center for this flight.
Many thanks. I managed to pull the data file and confirm it was indeed the flyaway flight. Looking through I have to confess its all nonsense to me. If anyone understands this and wishes to see it and compare this data to their flyaway I will be more than happy to supply the file. Every little helps.

Will the P3 erroneously switch to P-Opti If you've disabled VPS?

Many thanks. I managed to pull the data file and confirm it was indeed the flyaway flight. Looking through I have to confess its all nonsense to me. If anyone understands this and wishes to see it and compare this data to their flyaway I will be more than happy to supply the file. Every little helps.

Sure, I will help. Take the csv file and zip it so you can upload it to this site. I will look at it. Also, record the video of the map with the overlay of the sticks and post it as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj