Switching between Litchi and Go

Reaction score
Hi - whenever I want to switch between Go or Litchi I need to clear the app defaults and reconnect my RC to my device (android Samsung S6). Is this normal or is there another way to do this?

I found that it is not possible. You can only turn on one at a time for android. Then you must restart it as in powering down the phantom.

On iOS i heard it works differently. In iOS you can turn on/off DJI go or litchi. In fact, I think you need to turn DJI go first to initialize, and close DJI go and turn on litchi. But you can close it and go back to DJI go.

You can close one app, unplug the USB cable and then plug it in again, and the android device will give you a choice between the two apps. Don't set a default one.

I bought the app yesterday and it worked like it should but today it won't connect and the Registration won't go either. "Try again later" is what they tell me. Have those Litchi people got a help desk?

I suggest you Force Stop the DJI Go app (in Settings of your phone). Leaving it running can interfere with Litchi.

Hi - whenever I want to switch between Go or Litchi I need to clear the app defaults and reconnect my RC to my device (android Samsung S6). Is this normal or is there another way to do this?

When you connect the USB or power on the RC, android should pop up a dialog asking what app to open it with. Choose litchi or go. Do not select "Always". Select "Just Once" and only this option every time. This ensures that it will ask each time the USB is connected. If you ever select "Always" it remembers the selection and won't ask again.

When you connect the USB or power on the RC, android should pop up a dialog asking what app to open it with. Choose litchi or go. Do not select "Always". Select "Just Once" and only this option every time. This ensures that it will ask each time the USB is connected. If you ever select "Always" it remembers the selection and won't ask again.

Im using S6 Edge Plus and when connect USB there is no option for Just once or always
I know the previous version In lolipop it used to do that

Ahh. You downgraded to Marshmallow 6 :(

I still run 5.x. Sorry.

This works on my tablet but not my phone (both on 5.x).
Launch one app (go/litchi)
Use the task switcher
ics_recent-100393545-orig.png
and slide the app off it (thus closing and removing from memory)
Launch other app from dash or apps.

I agree on the PITA factor. This is the DUMBEST downgrade google has done to android in ages. I really wish they would bring back the Always/Just Once option. You are not the only one who thinks its dumb or a PITA. Its one of the reasons I have not run the upgrade on my nVidia Shield.

Reactions: dwcola
I agree on the PITA factor. This is the DUMBEST downgrade google has done to android in ages. I really wish they would bring back the Always/Just Once option. You are not the only one who thinks its dumb or a PITA. Its one of the reasons I have not run the upgrade on my nVidia Shield.

FWIW, running Marshmallow (6.0.1) on my Nvidia Shield, and it ALWAYS asks me which app to use and the "Always/Just once" option is always there.
Only issue Marshmallow ever gave me was the compass, and now that they patched that I've had zero problems with it.

You can close one app, unplug the USB cable and then plug it in again, and the android device will give you a choice between the two apps. Don't set a default one.

I'm running Marshmellow now and tried this about 15 times. I no longer get the "Just Once or Always" prompt but it does ask, which one do you want to use... with the GO and Litchi Icons. When I select either, neither connect. On my Tab S running lollipop, no issues at all. It's definitely Marshmellow and the app selection feature android modified. Are you running Marshmellow?

It is a bug of Android. I have SGS5 with 6.0.1 and the same issue.

Android 6.0.1 and Samsung S5
ONLY ONE APP IS INSTALLED (LITCHI)
- Litchi is not set as Default App
- Plug USB cable
- Android pop up a window if I want to launch Litch and shows check box to set Litchi as Default App
- The check box is OFF and tap on the Litchi in the pop up window.
- Litchi starts and connect to the drone. No issue
- Close Litchi
- Litchi is not Default App in its setting
- Force Closed Litchi in its properties menu

TWO APPS
- install DJI GO
- DJI Go is not Default App (based of its setting)
- Litchi is not Default App (based of its setting)
- Unplug USB and plug USB cable
- Android pop up a window with Litchi and GO icons and asks what to lunch. There is NOT the checkbox to set Default App
- tap on GO and it is launched
- GO can not connect to the drone
- closed GO
- in the its app setting the GO is marked as Default App !!! Not done by me.
- Cleared the setting
- Force Closed GO
- Litchi is not Default app (based of its setting)
- again repeated the procesure with unplug/plug the USB cable, but with Litchi.
- Litchi can not connect to drone
- when Litchi is closed, than it is marked as Default App !!!

It seems Android 6.0.1 on SGS5 will let an user to choose an app from the list, but does not give full access to USB, evenmore immediately set the app as Default App.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj