Switches not doing much in assistent - sticks and gimbal ok

Reaction score
In naza assistant if I move the sticks then A/E/T/R displays move exactly as expected (calibrated to -1000 - 1000).

If I calibrate the gimbal on X1 - then it moves from end to end just fine (again -1000 to 1000).

But if I flip the left or right switch then I see nothing. No movement. Nothing moves on the front display screen showing channel output or on the RC Control Mode Switch or Advanced IOC X2 page.

This worked fine when I packed the quad down some weeks back - but today it doesn't. And I'm confused. Any suggestions?

Just in case if relevant:

Software
Assistant 2.20

Firmware
MC 4.02
GPS 6.0.1.3
RX 1.0.0.18
P330CB-H3-2D 1.1.2.1
CMU 1.0
IMU 1.4

Re: Switches not doing much in assistent - sticks and gimbal

The switches used in the controller could have been damaged if there was pressure on them while packed.

You could open the controller case and short the center terminal to the top or bottom terminal ( from the rear of the switch) to determine if it is a mechanical problem within the switch.

Also, you can open assistant and load a previous working configuration on the possibility that the NAZA config data had become corrupted.

Less likely, but possible, you could try fresh batteries in he controller.

Is the mode stuck in ATTI and IOC (if enabled) in Course Lock?

Tried the reload default settings on assistant - that loaded fine - but now it wants me to calibrate compass - hard to do when the switches don't respond :)

I've currently got the TX batteries on charge - they beeped nearly empty right after I posted this (odd that only the switches were different).

I'll check the switches physically if that doesn't help.

Stuck on GPS for GPS/Atti switch and Off for IOC switch.

Basic IMU calibration in Assistant should correct the compass calibration. If you have it on a counter top with a dishwasher underneath, on a wood top desk with metal frame or metal drawer slides; any ferrous material close by will trigger the compass error. You can lift the phantom while connected to the assistant and see if the compass modulus falls back in range. If so, elevate it with a level insert of some type or find another place to run the assistant.

OK.

I'll start by getting the TX batt's charged - then if that doesn't help I'll have to crack the TX case open and have a look.

IMU showed no calibration necessary - but I can force it. Even if that does correct the compass - not sure I feel comfortable flying even so - if the radio isn't responding correctly in assistant (btw - tried on two different machines - a mac and a windows 7 box - same results).

OK - that's - well - weird.

Fresh charge on the TX batteries.

Again - it all works - apart from the switches.

But - the switches now _both_ move X1. The same as the gimbal control.

I set the X1 to as near 0 as I can get it with the gimbal tilt (about 14).

Moving the IOC switch shows on X1

14 when at off
1000 when at CL
14 when at HL

Moving the GPS switch shows on X1

14 when at GPS
1000 when at ATTI (middle)
14 when at ATTI (lower)

The gimbal responds to them too (zenmuse HD-2D).

That seems a little weird to me.

Can't see anything wrong physically inside the radio.

However - if I pop the plug that runs to the switches and short by hand as if I were the switches - I see the same weird X1 movement. So - it doesn't seem to be the switches physically.

I also tested with the TX plugged into the DJI RC assistant - and I see the same there - so it seems to be radio related - rather than the naza misinterpreting the signals.

Bust radio?

Looks like it is definitely coming from the TX/Controller.

The only possibility that I can think of would be wiper contact of the tilt potentiometer has lost contact to the circuit board, and the S1 and S2 switches are providing a partial path to ground. But, if the X1 circuit is working in the assistant, that would shoot that theory down.

Make sure the receiver type in assistant is set correctly. I believe it should be dBUS. not positive, but try toggling that between ppm and dbus and see if it works

Reloading default settings from the file at the dji site on a newer TX can toggle the receiver settings to the wrong type.

Had to set it to dbus after resetting to default settings I'm afraid.

I'll check the contacts on the pot - just in case.

If not - I may look into running with a futaba RX on the phantom - collect this onto another TX I have for my home built quad's. Been putting that off (been reading the posts on the R7008SB RX's SBUS/SBUS 2 stuff and naza firmware versions - haven't had time to pin down if it'll go with the phantom 1 naza.

But first - I'll have to check the contacts on that pot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20