Switched to Futaba T8 - Question

Reaction score
Switched over to a Futaba T8 and very happy, got my gimbal working great too with it :)

Question though, I did the IMU calibration a couple of times but I still have a lazy drift going on in GPS mode. Is it appropriate to use the trim to correct drift now I have them?? Or should I be chasing down other problems causing drift?

Dumb question, how do I calibrate the GPS? Whilst using the Nazza utility it's giving me a warning saying it needs to be calibrated.

Wow, when I read that back I guess I got my own answer hahahaha. But outside the GPS is fully locked, no Red LEDs, so surely that means the GPS is working..... I never calibrated a GPS unit before, it just locks to satellites and boom......?

Audaciter said:
Switched over to a Futaba T8 and very happy, got my gimbal working great too with it :)

More than five flights ? and no screeching , and no burning ? Hmmm.....maybe you got a good one.

What does that mean? What screeches and burns? T8 or Gimbal or Phantom ?

marcus_canada said:

Question though, I did the IMU calibration a couple of times but I still have a lazy drift going on in GPS mode. Is it appropriate to use the trim to correct drift now I have them?? Or should I be chasing down other problems causing drift?

Dumb question, how do I calibrate the GPS? Whilst using the Nazza utility it's giving me a warning saying it needs to be calibrated.

Wow, when I read that back I guess I got my own answer hahahaha. But outside the GPS is fully locked, no Red LEDs, so surely that means the GPS is working..... I never calibrated a GPS unit before, it just locks to satellites and boom......?

Drift is a weird one to figure out.. IMU calibration usually helps.
you could also calibrate your Tx with the NAZA software. but if the sticks are all around 0 *(and under 100), then it shouldn't drift
But there's a number of ways you can adjust the trim's to fix things.. either with the manual trims on the Tx, or by going into the sub-trim/trim settings in the Tx menu.
but always check to see how things work when connected to the NAZA software.

Audaciter said:
Heard what, that all gimbals end up dying ?

Have you read the other threads on this forum regarding the Zenmuse gimbal ?
Perhaps not "ALL", but certainly a lot of them are having issues.

Oh, so it's not ALL gimbals it's Zenmuse Gimbals, and not ALL of them either, just some. You can see my confusion with your first sweeping statement. :roll:

I think it's time for a board just for Zenmuse jealous posters to hangout without hijacking threads.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj