Switched tablets, got different display?

Reaction score
I have been flying with a samsung Tab A-8 for about 2 years, and in doing some troubleshooting I switched to a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014.(my wife's) With the TAB A, there was a small box at the bottom left that had an arrow/triangle that displayed the path/track of the bird. Since switching to the note 10, the "vision position"/telemetry gage" took the place of the tracking "gage". I have had problems losing the video downlink, and when that happens, the "tracking gage" is VERY handy, and comforting. The NOTE 10 display also shows the grayed out google map box on the bottom right. I got accustomed to not having the google map, or the Here map, and don't really need them as I only fly surveillance around the same area.
Both tablets are running the same GO version(2.8.1) as I rolled back during the so called "forced update" mess.
Any ideas as to how this occurred, and how I can get my "tracker gage" back?
The digital copy of the so called Manual doesn't even show this item, or mention it, as far as I have seen. I hope there is an easy solution, and that it doesn't show my ignorance too much :) Thanks, Gary

can you not just tap the little + sign and change the view of that little box ?

Different sized tablets have slightly different ways to show the app display.
Try tapping the radar display to toggle between the map window and radar display.
That's another oddity with the NOTE 10, it is very insensitive to the touch/tap. Only when running DJI-GO. I think maybe I should uninstall/re-install the GO app.
Thanks for the reply Gary

Which version of Android is running on each device?
Both are on 5.1.1. I haven't had time to reload the go app. I switched tablets a while back(about a year ago), and I vaguely remember that the display was different, but of course I don't remember the details. The touch screen on the TAB A is sometimes a bit "tough" where I have to tap more than once to get it to click. Never had a problem with the NOTE 10,,,,except when "GO" is running. Thanks for the reply. Gary

I found switching from a Samsung S7 edge to Samsung Tab 4 8" that my multi stick command changed. I was not able to start the blades spinning with the same MSC. I went form both stick to the center and down to both stick to the outside and down.
I was surprised that switching device could have this kind of affect

Different sized tablets have slightly different ways to show the app display.
Try tapping the radar display to toggle between the map window and radar display.
Thanks, you nailed it. Part of the problem was the "hard to tap" screen on the NOTE 10.1 While running GO. Still haven't figured that out, but at least I was able to narrow the problem down to the TAB A. May have to replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers