Switch S1 Failsafe

Reaction score
I've searched these forums, and Googled quite a bit this evening, and it's leaving me a bit confused.

I know that the Assistant software will allow you to configure the "down" position for switch S1 to activate failsafe (or, at least that's what I'm surmising from what I've read so far). But what's unclear is whether this is possible in Phantom/Vision mode or if you have to switch to NAZA mode.

I've only had my Vision for a few days, and feel the failsafe switch position would be handy... but not quite sure I'm fully ready to go full NAZA yet. I'm not sure I'm even ready to crack open the controller to hook up the software (seems I don't have one of the newer controllers with the USB connector on the case). So I want to make absolutely sure I can do what I want before I disassemble.

I'm also not seeing any full step-by-step on how to actually make the configuration change (in ANY mode). Which page of the Assistant software is the setting on? And where?

Thanks in advance!
-Carl

ProfessorStein said:
I've searched these forums, and Googled quite a bit this evening, and it's leaving me a bit confused.

I know that the Assistant software will allow you to configure the "down" position for switch S1 to activate failsafe (or, at least that's what I'm surmising from what I've read so far). But what's unclear is whether this is possible in Phantom/Vision mode or if you have to switch to NAZA mode.

I've only had my Vision for a few days, and feel the failsafe switch position would be handy... but not quite sure I'm fully ready to go full NAZA yet. I'm not sure I'm even ready to crack open the controller to hook up the software (seems I don't have one of the newer controllers with the USB connector on the case). So I want to make absolutely sure I can do what I want before I disassemble.

I'm also not seeing any full step-by-step on how to actually make the configuration change (in ANY mode). Which page of the Assistant software is the setting on? And where?

Thanks in advance!
-Carl

You have to be in NAZA mode to enable this.

I used the following to configure mine:

http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

ProfessorStein said:
Thank you BigTulsa!
The link is outstanding. Wondering how I never found it before.

That tutorial doesn't indicate it, but in order to get IOC enabled in Naza-M (it's not enabled by default) you need to enable it in the software via Advanced > IOC > and check the box "Intelligent Orientation Control". This will set up your S2 (left toggle) switch to use IOC if wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31