Switch S1 and Switch S2,explanation please

Reaction score
So I am trying to find out exactly what the two switches do. Can anyone explain it to me or point me to a good part in the manual or YouTube on exactly when I should be using it other than CALIBRATION.

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

research NAZA.
Youtube it.

left switch:
Research Intelligent Orientation Controls for Course Lock and Home lock

Right switch:
research ATTI (Attitude), Fail Safe, RTH (return to home), Manual mode.

Once you understand and done the basic Phantom figure 8 flying, you can then enable NAZA in the PC/Mac Phantom assistance software.

And research catch lands.

Not having a go at anyone.. Though this is marketed as Ready To Fly (RTF),
I think it should be RTFM x 2 and then RTF.

If then you are uncertain, have a search on this forum and then post if you can't find it.

Fly safe!

Shepherd said:
The answer to the OP's question is RIGHT THERE IN THE MANUAL. The manual that is RIGHT THERE ON THE VISION PLUS DOWNLOAD PAGE.

(Page 28 -- http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.5_en.pdf)
Being a newbie with very limited flight time, I cannot speak for the more experienced folks, but in all fairness, the foregoing diagram doesn't really provide any helpful information about NAZA-M mode.

By the same token, I reviewed the PDF manual, watched a lot of videos, and read many posts in this forum before I even ordered my P2V+.

Shepherd said:
Werz said:
Being a newbie with very limited flight time, I cannot speak for the more experienced folks, but in all fairness, the foregoing diagram doesn't really provide any helpful information about NAZA-M mode.
The OP wasn't asking about NAZA-M mode, just the function of S1 and S2. That's clearly documented in the manual as noted above. The OP is either too lazy or too slow.
Once again, in all fairness:
  • The OP didn't say what mode he was flying in.
  • As previously stated, the basic manual does not "provide any helpful information about NAZA-M mode," including the relevant settings of the S1 and S2 switches. That must be gleaned from other sources, or from the Phantom 2 Assistant software.
  • I read enough and watched enough video before I bought mine to conclude that NAZA-M mode was the best way to recover from an expensive fly-away. Therefore, mine has never flown in Phantom mode.

S2 switch in phantom mode

I just watched a very good video about the phantom V2+ but i got a bit confused when the bloke started explaining the controls. The way he explained it and he didnt mention Naza mode when he was explaining it, that as it is straight out of the box in phantom mode, if you move the S2 switch all the way down, you go into IOC mode and bring it home regardless of the direction its facing.The S1 is in GPS all the way up. Is this true or only in naza mode?

Only in Naza mode :D

Another good video but doesn't say you must be in Naza mode for IOC and home lock. But i take it you must be. Im going to change to naza mode today. You have the benifit of full GPS mode with the added bonus of homelock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1