Swelling Phantom 2 Batteries

Reaction score
So, I've had my phantom 2 for a couple years now, and both of my batteries are swollen. I read about this occurring for various reasons, but I need new batteries.

After picking my jaw off the floor at the price of new P2 batteries, I noticed some off brand ones that had pretty good reviews. Does anyone have experience with either of these batteries?:

Amazon.com: Ultrax 5400mAh 11.1V 3S2P 59.94Wh DJI Phantom 2 Vision Vision+ Replacement Smart Intelligent Lithium-polymer Lipo Battery Pack,You Can Treat it as Original and Charge it with Original Charger: Toys & Games

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-MAXTO...psc=1&qid=1464291626&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2-spons

Batteries are a crap shoot & OEM P2 batteries are still $129. Never used the brand in your ad but I have a pair of the LimeFuel 6000 mAh ones ($99 on Amazon) & they have been working well. $69 is extremely cheap so buyer beware.

So, I've had my phantom 2 for a couple years now, and both of my batteries are swollen. I read about this occurring for various reasons, but I need new batteries.

After picking my jaw off the floor at the price of new P2 batteries, I noticed some off brand ones that had pretty good reviews. Does anyone have experience with either of these batteries?:

Amazon.com: Ultrax 5400mAh 11.1V 3S2P 59.94Wh DJI Phantom 2 Vision Vision+ Replacement Smart Intelligent Lithium-polymer Lipo Battery Pack,You Can Treat it as Original and Charge it with Original Charger: Toys & Games

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-MAXTOMARS-5400mAh-Upgraded-Phantom/dp/B010Q1QZT2?ie=UTF8&keywords=Phantom 2 battery&psc=1&qid=1464291626&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2-spons

You might try B&H Photo - used department. They price by condition and I purchased a "10" which was that good. With shipping from NY to Waterloo, Ontario it was still a great deal.

Here is my thought on batteries... I had an OEM battery that came with my P2 fail after two weeks. I sent it back to DJI and they sent me a new one. The new battery DJI sent me was DOA.

On the flip side, I bought three Ayipe batteries from Amazon that have been great. They each have about 20 flights on them and get used once a day.

And my thoughts on aftermarket batteries are as follows, ive had 2 since September last year, both now with about 40 flights each, they last just as long as my other "Original" batteries and have never been any trouble, mine came from a seller on Ebay.

I've been using the following from Banggood since last September, on my P2. They're inexpensive, and they easily last as long in flight as OEMs. I have at least 30 flights on each of them... So far - completely reliable:

5400mAh Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ with LCD Display

5400mAh Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ with LCD Display

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik