Swapping Vision Camera w/ Gopro

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the vision for the gopro? I have been looking for several hours online but with no luck of someone who has successfully done it.

Would like to have Gopro Zenmuse instead of Vision onboard however preserving the telemetry & live feed onto ipad...

anyone done this??? Really want to film steady video w/ vision.

Great idea. I would also like to see someone that has done it.

Yea, would love to do this... unfortunately i'm in a country where i cant get parts and have a mule coming who can bring me a few parts... wish i could get a list of what i need.. i ordered the dronexpert gimbal... & also ordered a 2nd vision.. but **** video sucks, especially when i'm dealing with 20+ mph winds.. got H3 black wish i could use it... tempted to order zenmuse anyways.

justicebentz said:
Has anyone swapped out the vision for the gopro? I have been looking for several hours online but with no luck of someone who has successfully done it.

Would like to have Gopro Zenmuse instead of Vision onboard however preserving the telemetry & live feed onto ipad...

anyone done this??? Really want to film steady video w/ vision.

The whole "Vision" aspect of the Phantom 2 Vision is controlled by the Visions Camera. If you remove that you loose ALL of the Visions FPV functions. So yes you could put a GoPro Hero in a Zenmuse on your Phantom Vision, but you will be loosing everything that makes the Vision that way.

My advice to you would be to to sell your P2V and Get the P2 with Zenmuse combo for under $869 and add DJI's FPV and Mini iOSD setup to add FPV. Oh and of course you'll need to supply the GoPro as well.

On the other hand if you are satisfied with the Visions still and Picture Quality but were mainly looking for stabilization. There are a couple of company's coming out with 2axis brushless gimbals for the Vision which will mount the original vision camera and retain all vision functionality. It's being made by a company called Rotorpixel and will likely be in the $300 to $400 price range. Here's a link to a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtE2FZc9_A

A note about the Phantom 2 is that it uses the standard 2.4 Ghz transmitter, unlike the 5.8ghz transmitter the Vision uses. That way you can use standard 5.8 video transmitter add-on's for FPV.

Cjrt546 said:
everyone wants to do this. obviously the vision video is no where near gopro quality.

No from what I've seen the Vision video quality is VERY much near GoPro Hero 3 picture quality. People mainly want to do this because they want a 2 axis gimbal.

justicebentz said:
Yea, would love to do this... unfortunately i'm in a country where i cant get parts and have a mule coming who can bring me a few parts... wish i could get a list of what i need.. i ordered the dronexpert gimbal... & also ordered a 2nd vision.. but **** video sucks, especially when i'm dealing with 20+ mph winds.. got H3 black wish i could use it... tempted to order zenmuse anyways.

I would cancel your drone expert gimbal order and look into this one by Rotorpixel instead. looks better to me and much better price range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtE2FZc9_A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic