Swapping out Motors

Reaction score
Hi, what's the process if I wanted to put the newer motors onto my P3A, is it a complicated procedure, soldering etc?

I have the original W322 model and was under the understanding (right or wrong) that with the newer firmware 1.6 it puts a lot more stress on the older motors due to changes in values

If you change the motors, you'll have to buy a new motherboard as well (expensive) as the ESCs are different.

I have the original W322 model and was under the understanding (right or wrong) that with the newer firmware 1.6 it puts a lot more stress on the older motors due to changes in values
You don't have to change motors. I have old motors and 1.6FW and face no issues whatsoever.

You should be careful while reading forum comments as many a times members express their feelings and imaginations which are far away from the real facts.

Reactions: N017RW
If you're so concerned, just sell it and purchase a new one. I'm sure you've heard people say " don't fix what's not broken".

My P3P is an original, pre ordered it when they were announced. 106 flights with original motors and latest firmware, no major issues. I am also fortunate, I have not experienced any stress cracks either.

There's quite a bit of proof that the new motors get about 2-3 more minutes of flight time and run cooler. And if you are running extra lipos you can stretch your flight up 5-6 minutes longer with the new motors compared to the old ones.

But swapping motors also involves swapping the main board as well and it cost $400 plus the cost of the motors . Probably cheaper to buy an advance for 799 and sell all the stuff you don't need like the controller , chsrger and battery .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4