Swap the Phantom guts to a f350?

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? Take all the parts out of the phantom shell and put them on a F350 frame? I have had stability problems with my Phantom ever since a friend flew it into a tree and I have tried all known resets, recalibrates, new compass unit etc etc and I now think that the frame may be bent (hard to do, but possible) and so I have a choice of new body shell or a 350 frame. Will it work, compass and gps mounting might be a problem.

It will work but you will need to buy a separate compass unit as I cant see any way of using a phantom compass in anything but a phantom and possibly a few other parts depending on what you already have. The frames can bend as I had a friend whos did and I put a small fracture in mine after a hard impact with the ground.

I think the phantom is 330 size and the 350 will work quite well though I dont think the 350 is a very popular frame more people tend to go the 450 for the added size giving more prop choices and more stable flying platform overall. I was tossing up between moving to a f450 or f550 but ended up going for another phantom shell as it does quite well for me still and I like the small compact size even if it has some limitations which the 350 will be better with.

In the end it will cost a fair bit more to get into a 350 then buying another phantom shell, I got mine for $49 which was a great price in Australia http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... -330-shell seeing the going rate is more like $80 everywhere else. I also needed some other parts from them so the shipping was not an issue as they have my props there that I also needed a few more of.

Actually the frame your thinking of is an f330 too so exact same size as a phantom, advantage may be stiffer frame and easier to mount extras. Going to a f330 you will be needing to spend about $120 for ESC's, $180 for GPS and compass module, $35 for frame and arms so a fair bit more then another phantom shell. Spending that sort of money you could just go to a f450 but once you have all the other extras you need moving from 330 to 450 or 550 will be fairly cheap as the frames are the cheapest parts.

Prop wise you will still be limited to 9 inch props on a f330 and I have found the 9x5 triblades work best on the phantom giving much more lift and thats where overloading with more gear you will still run into prop limitations. A f450 you can easily use 10 or 11 inch props so more lift means better performance or greater load carrying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31