Suspicious people

• Thread starter Deleted member 113056
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 113056

Hi I am a Commercial Airline pilot who just bought my first drone and am hearing horror stories regarding people with unreasonable suspicion calling the Police when they see a drone flying overhead. I don't want to, nor feel I have to deal with law enforcement as long as I fly legal but it appears as if alot of people who post here are flying legal and run into issues. Any advice before I send the drone back?

Any advice before I send the drone back?
A few nuggets of gold for you:
  • Don't assume every drone owner in the world is experiencing the few horror stories you've read on the Internet.
  • Don't do anything with your drone (legal or not) that could possibly annoy someone
  • Realize you cannot please everyone
  • Know that some people are unreasonable and will do unreasonable things

Last edited:
Hi I am a Commercial Airline pilot who just bought my first drone and am hearing horror stories regarding people with unreasonable suspicion calling the Police when they see a drone flying overhead. I don't want to, nor feel I have to deal with law enforcement as long as I fly legal but it appears as if alot of people who post here are flying legal and run into issues. Any advice before I send the drone back?
It does happen flying near houses. If you don't have some large open areas away from houses and/or populated areas, you may run encounter an occasional crazy lady or crazy guy who will assume you're evil.

The actual number of people that do get hassled often do bring it on themselves. I avoid people as much as possible.

A few nuggets of gold for you:
  • Don't assume every drone owner in the world is experiencing the few horrors stories you've read on the Internet.
  • Don't do anything with your drone (legal or not) that could possibly annoy someone
  • Realize you cannot please everyone
  • Know that some people are unreasonable and will do unreasonable things
^^ What he said. I try not to annoy anyone. If I'm neighborhood flying I head straight up to a good altitude So you can't really hear it (or see it unless you know where it is)
I've never had an issue

^^ What he said. I try not to annoy anyone. If I'm neighborhood flying I head straight up to a good altitude So you can't really hear it (or see it unless you know where it is)
I've never had an issue
Good point re: altitude. I rarely go above 150 feet (I'm a sissy) but RTH is set for 200 and I can't hear it. I finally went to 300 last week. I had no clue where the thing was. Thank goodness I can read that radar thingy on my screen.

It'll be fine as long as you use common sense. Just steer clear of the hot blonde in her bikini next door.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4