Survey grids

Reaction score
I have a P4P+ and want to take photos for mapping survey (which requires pre-programmed grids), but cannot because of the android conflict. Yet it seems an Ipad can be connected to the rc. Question for the brains trust out there - would it then be possible to run a survey program off the Ipad? Anybody actually done it? Thanks in advance.... I am somewhat IT challenged, and very new to drone flying....so be gentle....

There are some work arounds but the easiest solution would be to purchase another P4P remote controller and use an iOS device. You will then have several mapping programs to chose from. Let us know if we can help further.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks from Downunder FDS, much appreciated. I think I have seem some rc's for sale - from crashed and/or lost drones?, so will look into that. I just hought that the Ipad way might be better/cheaper

Unfortunately with the P4P+ and the CrystalSky you are locked into using DJI GO 4 only. As mentioned above you'll need a P4P remote, relink it, attach your iOS device and you'll be off and running.

Thanks from Downunder FDS, much appreciated. I think I have seem some rc's for sale - from crashed and/or lost drones?, so will look into that. I just hought that the Ipad way might be better/cheaper
You can't run an iPad from the P4pro+.
The solution is to use a regular P4pro controller with an Android tablet or iPad and run a program like DroneDeploy to do the survey grid flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20