super noob fatshark question!

FRS

Reaction score
I have ordered the sundance edition kit from DSLRpros.com and am waiting delivery. Here are the specs

DJI Phantom 2 Go Pro Aerial Rig
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (3-Axis gimbal pre-installed and tuned)
DJI Self-Tightening 9" Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Prop Guards
DJI On-Screen-Display (OSD) - provides basic flight data over FPV Live Stream
DSLRPros Futaba D8FG Radio Transmitter (for Long Range, Reliability & Special Advanced Control Profiles)
Deluxe DSLRPros Radio Tx Lanyard
DSLRPros Long Life 2600 mAH LiPo Tx Battery
3 Total DJI OEM 5200 mAH LiPo Batteries
2 Total DJI Flight Pack Charging Blocks (Required to reduce charging times via parallel charging)
Special Edition Tough Case with DSLRPros pre-cut foam
Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7" HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, CL/Panel Antenna)

Most important is the FPV that is pre-installed. My question is can I install a fatshark FPV system and utilize both systems at the same time? I could have a 2nd person watching while I am controlling video and pilot at same time. What would it take to make this happen with my current build? Or is it one fpv and that's all you get? I promise I will stop asking so many noob questions soon enough..

Not sure the make/model of your monitor but my Black Pearl monitor has a video out that googles can be plugged straight into. It also has power out if needed. You wouldn't need googles with a receiver, the basic one would do your job fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

You could buy Fatshark goggles with a Rx built in and set it to the same channel your Phantom and monitor are set to. Basicly the transmitter on your phantom is your own private tv station and there is no limit to how many different receivers can get the signal.

Why not ask the DSLRPros? You're spending good money there, and they know the specs.

jondrew said:
You could buy Fatshark goggles with a Rx built in and set it to the same channel your Phantom and monitor are set to. Basicly the transmitter on your phantom is your own private tv station and there is no limit to how many different receivers can get the signal.

This was my theory, I have P2 with ImmersionRC 600mw TX, and plan on getting a Black Pearl screen, but if I fancied adding goggles at some point, I could just set them to same freq as the TX is pumping out and tune in as well... Right?

JackHandley said:
jondrew said:

This was my theory, I have P2 with ImmersionRC 600mw TX, and plan on getting a Black Pearl screen, but if I fancied adding goggles at some point, I could just set them to same freq as the TX is pumping out and tune in as well... Right?

Mostly right. You have to make sure the transmitter/receiver all work together. I think Immersion builds for Fatshark so that should work together. The Diversity 5802 monitor appears to be the same as the Boscam 5802 and seems to work ok with the Immersion 600 mW Tx

Dont use the immersionRC with the BP, you will not get a very good range.

My advice is get the boscam gear, its cheaper and works very well.

Video TX: Boscam TS353 400mw: http://j.mp/1gJ6t7s
LCD: Boscam 7" RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver: http://j.mp/1lZuham
LCD Battery Charger: http://j.mp/1h3CreQ

Look at this test of the reception quality:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

FPV range with the TS353 (5KM):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9VbVg9EUM[/youtube]

GhostMaster said:
Dont use the immersionRC with the BP, you will not get a very good range.

My advice is get the boscam gear, its cheaper and works very well.

Video TX: Boscam TS353 400mw: http://j.mp/1gJ6t7s
LCD: Boscam 7" RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver: http://j.mp/1lZuham
LCD Battery Charger: http://j.mp/1h3CreQ

Look at this test of the reception quality:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

FPV range with the TS353 (5KM):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9VbVg9EUM[/youtube]

But I've already bought and installed the IRC 600mw TX :(

I have been reading if i change the antennas on the TX and RX on the BP to fatshark polarisers it'll get up to 1km range?

I don't intend on flying super far with fpv, its mainly for me to compose shot, thats why infancy a screen rather than goggles so incan keep an eye on phantom as well.

Hi FRS.....

Four days ago I ordered the Sunrise kit, identical to yours. Going from the date of your post, it seems your build should be done, or will soon be completed.

I would be interested in any input or impressions you might have when you take delivery, pics, vids, etc. This 14 to 21 days for the build is going to be a painful eternity for me. ;>)

Cheers.....

Dan

Dan,

Who sells that kit? Oh trust me I will have plenty of pics and video of the package. They sent it off to UPS tonight and already got my tracking number. Stupid me redirected the delivery to my work address because I figured it was coming Monday-Tuesday with my upgraded shipping. Turns out its being delivered tomorrow morning and UPS 1-800# SUCKS!!! They will not let me change the delivery address until a failed delivery. Any ideas? And no I cannot sit outside work and wait for it tomorrow lol.

Just wait Dan its going to be a VERY long two-three weeks but honestly I would expect 4 weeks to be realistic. I got stuck in a dry month on gimbals so it was extra slow. My suggestion is do all the research you can now and don't be afraid to ask questions. I've asked some pretty stupid stuff I'm sure but everyone seems super friendly and helpful.

Nice purchase FRS! Pretty Gucci, I like your style. A little off topic, but if I may suggest:

1. 86 the prop guards, they're more trouble then they're worth.
2. Hold off on the carbon props. The stock props work really well and can take some abuse before breaking. Besides, the gains, etc should be set to default therefore, the stock props would work better... but then again, you did get the Sundance kit, so maybe they tune accordingly? Check with them to make sure.
3. Fatshark Attitude V2.0 or the Skyzone FPV goggles were the two I compared and went with the Fatshark. I didn't test out the Skyzone, so I can't say I compared the two, but I haven't been disappointed with my Fatshark. I was looking over your build, but I didn't see what kind of vtx comes with your kit. They list as diversity, so I don't think it's an Immersion RC vtx, which is the vtx spec'd with Fatshark. It should still work, but as other have mentioned, you won't get max range. BTW, the FS Attitude V2.0 kit can be found for as low as $409 and it comes with a vtx and camera.

Sorry to hear about your shipping mess. Waiting is a ***** and a half. Anyway, congrats on your forthcoming unicorn. Patience, she will be with you soon.

FRS said:
Dan,

Who sells that kit? Oh trust me I will have plenty of pics and video of the package. They sent it off to UPS tonight and already got my tracking number. Stupid me redirected the delivery to my work address because I figured it was coming Monday-Tuesday with my upgraded shipping. Turns out its being delivered tomorrow morning and UPS 1-800# SUCKS!!! They will not let me change the delivery address until a failed delivery. Any ideas? And no I cannot sit outside work and wait for it tomorrow lol.

Just wait Dan its going to be a VERY long two-three weeks but honestly I would expect 4 weeks to be realistic. I got stuck in a dry month on gimbals so it was extra slow. My suggestion is do all the research you can now and don't be afraid to ask questions. I've asked some pretty stupid stuff I'm sure but everyone seems super friendly and helpful.

FRS,

I just now noticed that you responded to my post.

I ordered it from DSLRPros. I talked to them again today and was informed that my build should be ready to ship within 2 more weeks.

I am looking forward to an announcement from you that yours has arrived. I would be VERY interested in hearing your first impressions. Funny, I keep second guessing myself so it's helpful to hear what others have to say.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan,

Everything was delivered 100% and was very happy with it. PLEASE slow down and learn everything before you launch it. I've crashed two flights out of three very short ones. Might have already damaged a motor so like I said slow down and be patient.

FRS said:
Dan,

Everything was delivered 100% and was very happy with it. PLEASE slow down and learn everything before you launch it. I've crashed two flights out of three very short ones. Might have already damaged a motor so like I said slow down and be patient.

Congratulations on your new arrival ... sorry to hear about your crashes. I will take your advice and I plan to be very conservative with my flying. Did you figure out specifically what caused the crashes? Are you giving her plenty of throttle at takeoff? It seems that they like to tip over if the launch is timid. Had I not seen videos of this, I would have taken off very slowly and crashed every time....I know I would have. LOL

I would be interested in hearing about your progress and any observations/concerns you might experience. Got pic's and/or vids of your new baby??

I have a few concerns and they may turn out to not be any big deal. Frankly, I am so green, I may be reading way too much into my concerns.

-Yesterday, I learned that even though the kit comes with a Futaba, DLSRPros do not upgrade the transmitter and simply use the stock. The stock has shorter antennas... my concern is range and signal strength. I am told that this bird will still go "a good mile" out, so perhaps I shouldn't care. For me personally, I may never want to go that far out, much less try to break range records.

-I have read much about some of the quirks regarding the new Zenmuse. My sales guy tells me those issues have been worked out and that I will be very happy with what I get from them.

-The tiny ribbon cable that connects to the GoPro is described as fragile by some and may not last for those of us that will need to connect and disconnect several times a day--we plan to use the GoPro quite a bit off the craft. My sales guy says he has never had any problem.

-I have read where some pilots have experienced much shorter flight times because of the new Zenmuse. and that the GoPro battery goes dead within 20 minutes of runtime. My GoPro will arrive tomorrow and we ordered an extra battery. We also purchased a battery pack to use for most of our on the ground filming.

Anyway, I remain excited and my order is still active, but I need to better understand these alleged issues and either live with them, figure out remedies or put them to bed.

Best to you and yours,

Dan

Ghostmaster!
You cheated! There is no way you can tell me truthfully that you controlled that 5km from start to finish.
5km? Unreal. That's nearly 3 miles and that would be a record, I think.
My guess is, you followed the bird in your car. Since you had the camera pointed rearward, you'd have no idea if the road turned in front of the bird or not.
Ah Hah! I got it. You were in a hot air balloon over head!

Come on man, 'fess up. Tell us how you managed it.

Suwaneeguy said:
Ghostmaster!
You cheated! There is no way you can tell me truthfully that you controlled that 5km from start to finish.
5km? Unreal. That's nearly 3 miles and that would be a record, I think.
My guess is, you followed the bird in your car. Since you had the camera pointed rearward, you'd have no idea if the road turned in front of the bird or not.
Ah Hah! I got it. You were in a hot air balloon over head!

Come on man, 'fess up. Tell us how you managed it.

The video its not mine, but its very possible, some people already managed to get over 10km with boscam 200mw tx, this one is 400mw, so 5km its not that much.
Most important part of a good FPV system is the antennas. Circular Wireless Helical 5.8ghz is a great start...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj