SUPER confusing gimbal issue

Reaction score
I cannot find an answer to my problem anywhere, I promised I searched here and the internet endlessly!

So because I am poor (but electronically inclined) I bought the cheap ebay gimbal

I plug in power, works perfectly, thank goodness right? I move phantom around and camera stabilized, just great! I am happy at this point.... for now...

then i try to setup the pitch contol. I take the signal wire from control board f2 to the signal input on gimbal control board signal in. simple, nice.

turn everything on and gimbal either tilts forward all the way, or back all the way, then stutters. I can use the pitch control lever to go forward, then when I adjust pitch lever slowly, to make it move backwards, it does nothing until i hit a point, then it tilts back all the way and stutters.

I can move pitch lever back and forth, and it has two options, tilt forward all the way and stutter, if i move it the other way, then it tilts backward all the way and stutters.

so the gimbal works, but something is funny with the software im guessing. I have only had version 2.0 and now version 3.0, and I finally made the gimbal option "on" because version 2.0 did not have an option to turn the gimbal on (even in naza mode).

what should i do??? I want to use this gimbal with my fpv system so bad, but the pitch control is just crazy!?!? any ideas?

Let me know if you need me to elaborate, i hope that all made sense!

Do you have the ground and signal, or just signal wire to the gimbal and F2?

Have you gone into asst software and calibrated your X1? - try that.

What you probably have to do is connect to the software and change the tilt setting to "position" mode (or similar, every software calls it something different).

But sounds like what's currently happening is that the gimbal is set to "rate" mode,, so the moment you move the tilt lever one way, it will start moving in that direction and won't stop until you put it back to the zero position.

the reason why it's shaking is that it's moving too far in either direction, where it's not balanced properly, which you can also prevent in the software by setting up limits I imagine.

My glb gimbal worked perfectly right from hookup on the pitch- in fact, it would not move beyond the 90 degree angle down, or above the leveled straight ahead on default. I suppose they are all a little different?

Verry easy fix. Mine did the same.

First calibrate the RC contrer via the controler software, not the software assistant. Calibrate the sticks and the X1. Leave the lever in the up position (closer to the central of controler)

Then plug the phantom and calibrate the X1 tbru the phantom software assistant. Power off and power on, thould be able to tilt gimbal in any position.

That did the trick for me

ok so i did pretty much what everyone said and thought about it all night (has been driving me crazy)

first i changed the limits on the assist software, but i could only do this when i downgraded from 3.0 to 1.08 which works better, i actually have gimbal control options!

so i got rid of the jittering!

but now.... i am trying to make it so that it will move through out the range of motion, the last poster ahove this reply was saying i need to make it into position mode, he is absolutely right but i dont know how to do it with the firmware i am given, here is a screens hot of what i see: (attached)

all the gimbal does now is moves from one end of range of motion, to the other, and no where in between :( im getting there but these gui's are confusing!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 429
RC- AB/Prop...

absolute and proportional... I think you want proportional.

Somebody smarter will correct, or confirm that.

*on 2nd thought... maybe check the ab box.

tried that, but now im trying to get the stupid gui to work. these gui's i find for it are completely horrible, i am amazed anyone gets these things going. trying to save the code to the board and it just wont let me, any thoughts?

the contoroller gui the seller told me to use is for the wrong board, i finally found a gui that connects, but i cant seem to get any realtime stats from the board or able to download information from or to it, maybe i have the wrong gui?

With whatever GUI you're using, did you try different com port settings? There should be a drop-down menu in the interface letting you choose between say com3/com4/com5 etc, depending on how your PC assigned the port the gimbal is connected to.

i did, but i needed to have a driver to make it recognize it.

now on to the next problem, i found the gui i need, but when it loaded on, idiot me set it to defaults so that it would "work better" obviously now thats not working that way because it is going crazy and is erratic :( BUT i know this is a common gui.

here is a picture of what i am seeing, the gimbal just keeps shaking, i keep doing the acc and gyro calibration but nothing is fixing the problem :(

Attachments

• dafasd.png
    dafasd.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 347
If there's not a default settings list or picture on the gimbal's driver disc, you'll probably need to find another owner of the same gimbal who still has (or knows) the stock settings

Who was your vendor for the gimbal? Is it a "goodluckbuy?"

Some vendors are using hacked and unauthorized BGC sourcecode thus making them impossible, or darn near to use the BGC firmware gui. Somewhere here on this forum is a thread on that I believe.

I don't want to be a dark cloud- but that thought occurred to me.

I think your absolutely right, I have tried everything and it is not working regardless. I have had to code arduino boards and basic stamp for years and thought this gimbal would be a walk in the park, which is completely wrong

I am just going to return it at this point. And it was an eBay gimbal from the seller egrandmart. Similar to good luck buy one just a bit different. I have tried all the calibration procedures and nothing is making it work.

thanks for the help everyone! One of the most frustrating things to deal with in the rc world haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4