Sunset color gone???

Sunset was very orange and red..AWB..but this is how it came out..second photo WB is on incandescent

• Any help would be appreciated..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P4Pro... my P3Pro was so much better in this area

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
7-23-17 sunset_0010--B.jpg

Attachments

• 7-23-17 sunset_0020--B.jpg
    7-23-17 sunset_0020--B.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 328
Yes I did play with different metering points and bracketed but the absence of color made me change the WB to anything that would change it toward the color of the sky which was orange and red..
I had a P3p before this P4p and took beautiful sunsets on Auto white balance...just perplexed.. tried incandescent and it seems to be the closest.. STRANGE.. DJI please help

I too have been extremely disappointed with the photos from my P4P compared to the P4. Seems to want to over-expose, colors are hard to work with. I always shoot RAW and develop but always left WB alone as it is my understanding that WB setting does nothing for the RAW file and can be set in the program you use for development. I pretty much bracket everything. Maybe my expectations were too high with the bigger sensor of the P4P.

Reactions: Ric Ake
I too have been extremely disappointed with the photos from my P4P compared to the P4. ... Maybe my expectations were too high with the bigger sensor of the P4P.
If you aren't seeing an improvement over the P4 images, it sounds like something isn't right, perhaps in your settings?
Have you tried some variations of setttings?

I have bracketed from 3 to 5 shots and run through Photomatix to bring out HDR but there was no color until I changed WB to incandescent .. I was just shooting Jpegs and never had any problem before with P3P. I was shooting True color or Normal-- Landscape +1 +1 0. Saturation seems to be almost zero at least on the reds and oranges but blue was still there. What other variations could I be missing? setting wise.. thanks for the help.... Just now looked at "File info" in Photoshop and it revealed white balance in first photo as fluorescent... other photos taken at a different time on AWB gives "unknown" under light source. Fluorescent would give it this Color Cast.. So now I just have to figure out why it was set to Fluorescent.. And double check next pretty Sunset :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers