Sunlight Monitor

Reaction score
Has anyone found a FPV monitor that works in the sun. I want to be able to see what my GoPro is seeing while video recording. I have Fat Shark but do not want to fly though the goggles. All I want is an old style B&W LCD type display that looks better in the sun. Thx

I have the same problem with my Kindle tablet. I'm tempted to take a dark blanket along an place over my head and the monitor. Sorry I can't be of help.

I made a shade out of black foamboard. It has about 6" of depth and enclosed on all four sides. I thought sure that would do the trick but still get glare that makes the screen difficult to read.

We need a solution to get past the FAA crap about goggles. Having a visible external monitor would stay ahead of these rules.

npalen said:
I have the same problem with my Kindle tablet. I'm tempted to take a dark blanket along an place over my head and the monitor. Sorry I can't be of help.

Please don't :lol: :lol:

eBay is probably the best place for a sun cover, plenty of companies make them for various devices.

I made a hood out of Kydex for my Kindle Fire, but I have to turn the brightness all of the way up to see the screen. It also has an anti glare screen protector on it, too.

My new samsung galaxy tab S is about as good as I have seen - the super amoled screen is much better than other tablets I have tried like Nexus 7, Tab 3, and ipad mini retina........still struggle in direct sunlight but much better in ordinary daylight, its quite an impressive screen.

;)

bschaub said:
We need a solution to get past the FAA crap about goggles. Having a visible external monitor would stay ahead of these rules.

How about the Epson Moverio BT-200 goggles? You can see through them with Phantom video floating in field of view. A tap on the touchpad turns Phantom Video on and off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj