Sunhan amps died on me

Reaction score
Hi

Im trying to get more range on my p2v, and its getting there.

Last attempt, was to use 1 2,4ghz sunhans amp on one of the wifi repeater antennas (the other left unused), and a sunhans 5,8ghz amp on the radio..

Both was 12v units, and i used a 3cell lipo for common supply of them. Measured correct polarisation.

Used 8dbi antennas on both. Tp-link omni on 2,4ghz, and a panel style antenna on 5,8ghz radio.

Only tested for two short flights, and noticed on the last flight when trying to go far for the first time on amps, that it did not work as expected. Got more range without amp on wifi.

Got home, connected them to the lipo, and heard a small thump sound, and when i looked at the amps, both where dead. No lights, no signal, no nothing.

Anyone got ideas what might have been done wrong, to mess this up?
I'm a electrician/technichian, and fly large scale r/c planes as main hobby, so i'm no noob. But i really dont understand what could have knocked out both amps at the same time.

Not sure some have used I think a diode to ensure no surges , how ever rather than use a lipo, i got a portable mobile charger which gives out a 2watt charge via USB to the amp and had no problems and it lasts for ages .

There's mention of the protection to surges for the sunhans in the FPVLR thread, it's long so you will have to find it your self

Its a 1300mah lipo, capable of 20A+ current, so i think its sufficent to supply the amps?

The amps lit up when new, and everything seemed fine.. But now they dont show any signs of working, ever..

Hmm, then thats probably what killed mine then... I used the antennas the amps came witon first flight, but did not get any bettet range than stock system with 8dbi omnis.. So i changed to 8dbi omni on the amp, no 50ohm connection as i did not know..

Ill put in an order for youre v2 antennas later Tony, and probably leave it with that :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic