SunGlare Lens Protector from ViewKopter

L

lightingbryan

GoPro Hero3/+ SunGlare Lens Protector
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181464029064

Has anyone used this? Does it work? I can't find any reviews on it, and if it works. Thanks!

tferrari said:
ddublu said:
Works great but it is very hard to put on and take off....any suggestions?

Are you saying it's too tight of a connection?

Just a little tight, yes...it fits and works correctly but I use my GoPro for many other things so being able to remove it quickly is key.

ddublu said:
tferrari said:
ddublu said:
Works great but it is very hard to put on and take off....any suggestions?

Are you saying it's too tight of a connection?

Just a little tight, yes...it fits and works correctly but I use my GoPro for many other things so being able to remove it quickly is key.

If it is plastic, you could put it into a cup of very hot water, remove it and immediately put it onto the GoPro camera while it's still warm. This may loosen it ever so slightly without overstretching it. Just a thought.

Link doesn't work for me, but I'm interested!

I bought this lens hood that is 3D printed from eBay a couple weeks ago. It was a little expensive, but the seller was very quick with my questions and also shipped it really fast.

The only downside (that I wasn't aware of) is that the hood is held down by the Zenmuse bracket that holds the GoPro down and without it, the hood just falls right off. It does the job though and I use the bracket anyways, so I'm OK with it.

$_57.JPG

Looks like a great idea, But speaking as a photographer you are going to get light contamination or flare from it being white, not only from reflective light hitting it but also the light that will travel through it as well……would be perfect if it was molded in matte black!

Our 3D printer was offline for a while, but is operational now. White filament was already loaded so I just used that, then painted the model with dark gray primer. I should probably sand the edges too. Fits perfectly.

Attachments

• IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0247.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 352
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 365
  • IMAG0258.jpg
    IMAG0258.jpg