Sun Shade

Reaction score
Anyone make there own sun shade for there iPhone/android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajvol94 said:

Yes, there is another thread here of a fellow who did (cant locate right now), which I copied.
It is in my case made from black construction paper, in a tube form about 1 foot high. Just form it around the device, then cut a flap just above the device to poke your finger in to touch the screen. Then taped another piece to cover some of the bottom.
Perhaps someone else can point you to the thread with pictures.

Hi, I'm new... I'm hoping to design and 3D print one later today, if someone could measure their Clamp for me...
I'm away working on a ship, so haven't the Phantom with me, but have got the printer here...

Not quite finished yet....
Needs a tweak, but nearly there....

Attachments

• IphoneShade.jpg
    IphoneShade.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 757
mb_guy said:
Cajvol94 said:

Yes, there is another thread here of a fellow who did (cant locate right now), which I copied.
It is in my case made from black construction paper, in a tube form about 1 foot high. Just form it around the device, then cut a flap just above the device to poke your finger in to touch the screen. Then taped another piece to cover some of the bottom.

This one?

shield1.jpg

shield2.jpg

shield3.jpg

shield4.jpg

shield5.jpg

BobUnplugged said:
mb_guy said:
Cajvol94 said:

This one?

Wow, looks like we made them together!! Almost exactly the same. I found that the 3 sided ones just didn't block enough glare, so went with the longer tube design also.

shield1.jpg

shield2.jpg

shield3.jpg

shield4.jpg

shield5.jpg

After completing the Iphone 4S Sunshade, I'm now working on a similar Sunshade for the Samsung Note 3, my prefered display.
If any one wants one the message me.

Attachments

• IphoneShade.jpg
    IphoneShade.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 453
Home at last... The last 48hrs has been a nightmare at work, and only managed to get 2hrs sleep in the last two days. :(
Below are a couple of pictures of my Prototype for the Iphone 4S SunShade sitting in the DJI Transmitter Clamp.
I'll be tweeking the design a fraction to make it all sit better in the clamp and Beef Up a section to make it stand up to the riggers of shipping.
I'm now happy enough to start taking orders if any one would like one.
Please msg me for details.

Attachments

• Shade Front View.jpg
    Shade Front View.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 467
  • Shade Side View.jpg
    Shade Side View.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 455
The last but one of the prototypes...
Out on test at the local field in Hell Fire Corner...

Finally the all Black Prototype hits the streets...
One last tweak of the design and it's ready for production...
Birth of the first US Export... (Pretty ******* Good for a Home Made Machine toting my Big Blue [That's it's name BTW] Extruder Head)....

(Excuse the poor Phone Camera Picture, the phones having trouble focusing on the machine while it's working).
The 4th Layer of Plastic going in...

This item is of a higher quality than the prototypes... Design gives access to phone power connection (I run my phone from a battery back), and volume controls (for those that like to fly to back ground music).
Each shade takes approximately 2hrs to produce... (I think the machines going to be busy soon).

Now taking orders.... Message me for details....

(Big Blue is my Design of Extruder Fan Duct... The only Fan Duct that can produce High Quality 100mm Bridges in any direction...)
Kim..

Attachments

• Prototype under test.jpg
    Prototype under test.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 407
  • Prototype View.jpg
    Prototype View.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Birth of a SunShade.jpg
    Birth of a SunShade.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 436
  • 4th layer of plastic.jpg
    4th layer of plastic.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 418
  • Prototype View.jpg
    Prototype View.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 415
Well it's in the post.... ;)
Well today has topped the records here localy for sunshine, and I was really please to have one of my shades fitted.
I think I might have to make a bigger one so I can stand under it the way the heats going 33'c here, which means lots in 'F... lol
And it's great having the FC40 hovering over head to cool you down.... Great AirCon....
Great flying weather to... Hope to clock up another hour or so tonight before the storms arrive.

KimBrown said:
The last but one of the prototypes...
Out on test at the local field in Hell Fire Corner...

Finally the all Black Prototype hits the streets...
One last tweak of the design and it's ready for production...
Birth of the first US Export... (Pretty ******* Good for a Home Made Machine toting my Big Blue [That's it's name BTW] Extruder Head)....

(Excuse the poor Phone Camera Picture, the phones having trouble focusing on the machine while it's working).
The 4th Layer of Plastic going in...

This item is of a higher quality than the prototypes... Design gives access to phone power connection (I run my phone from a battery back), and volume controls (for those that like to fly to back ground music).
Each shade takes approximately 2hrs to produce... (I think the machines going to be busy soon).

Now taking orders.... Message me for details....

(Big Blue is my Design of Extruder Fan Duct... The only Fan Duct that can produce High Quality 100mm Bridges in any direction...)
Kim..

Got mine Friday. Works like a champ, great job Kim!

If your looking for a sun shade this is the way to go. Great quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20