Sun Shade Cheap (thrifty)

Reaction score
As we all know the big bright yellow ball in the sky is brighter and any phone or tablet. So FPV on a sunny day IS difficult. I have tried different versions of manufactured shades using cardboard and other materials. Never found one that would really work the way I wanted it to. My last version does the job very well. I know, it looks like a pile of junk. Well, I could use the excuse I spent so much $$$$$ on the RE-700 and those wonderful stage 2 antennas from FPVLR, that there was nothing left for a good shade. No so. Just can not find one that works as well as my junk.
The hole in the bottom is to turn on my Hisense 7" tablet. The top with a hole in it is an eye hole. The cover is held in place with shipping tape and can be flipped out of the way to make camera adjustments. Inside is painted black and the inside of the cover needs a paint job also. It looks cumbersome, but really is not. I can see FPV in max sunlight without any problem. Now if I could only warm it up here.

Attachments

• Shade-3.jpg
    Shade-3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 527
  • Shade-2.jpg
    Shade-2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 516
  • shade-1.jpg
    shade-1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 552
First one not cheap :shock:
Second glove was interesting.
Flying will be limited now until mid/late April.
Burrrrrrr

dirkclod said:
Concerning your eye hole ,I didn't know you only had one eye or are they just real close together ;)
Well, actually one could say only one that works good. It is called amblyopia or "Lazy Eye." When I was a little kid they did not know how to correctly fix the problem. They just tired a coke bottle lens for that eye and that was not the way to fix it. Other one was 20/20. A lot weaker today at my age, but that is expected. So I only need a "one holler." :cool:

I would just take it one step further and put the entire controller (and you) inside a box!

That way, you can block out the sun, bring a mini beer fridge and even install a small heater for those cold wintery days when you just have to fly your bird regardless of the outside temp. :p

homeless-shelter.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great idea. A fish shanty with a roof that would flip open. Keep warm, open the roof, stand on shelf, fly the quad, hand grab, step down, close roof, stay warm, start a generator to charge up the batteries, and get killed by the other people fishing. :lol:

Happyflyer said:
Great idea. A fish shanty with a roof that would flip open. Keep warm, open the roof, stand on shelf, fly the quad, hand grab, step down, close roof, stay warm, start a generator to charge up the batteries, and get killed by the other people fishing. :lol:

You could mount one of these to the roof of the shanty to repel the angry fishermen :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHENtHW9O0[/youtube]

You folks are making it very difficult to take this flying thing seriously. :?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :lol:

Man, I love this show

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20