Suitable Ipad Mini's for Phantom 4

Reaction score
I think I asked this question before but appear to have lost the response.

I first tried out my P4 with an iPhone 6S and it was fine but the screen was a bit small.

I then tried my old iPad mini and it worked fine but during flying the screen display keeps breaking up for a few seconds and then recovering although the downloaded video and film footage is fine when taking it off the P4

Is this because the old iPad mini is not suitable i.e does not have enough horse power? and I need a more up to date model or does anyone think that the problem is unrelated or can recommend a different notebook.

All my laptops and phones have been Apple so I would like to stick with them.

Rgds

Greenwich

You can use any of the Apple devices listed here. If using an iPad Mini 2/3, it'll run better with these settings.

Which iPad Mini model were you using?

I use the iPad Air and it works great. It has a larger screen than the Mini but fits nicely into DJI stock device holder.

Ipad mini4 with cellular(So you get the gps chip), it just works, never had a problem, better than my Nexus( which gets a good second place), and for the record, I do not like Apple or IOS generally, but in this case it is the best.
The screen size seems to be the perfect compromise, any bigger would be a bit unwieldy, yes I know there will be plenty of comments saying a full size ipad is great, but for me the mini4 is the best.

Most functions will work, I think it is only follow me. I use Autopilot app and some functions need GPS, you do not need an active subscription plan.
I had an ipad mini2 but the 4 seems so much smoother and zero problems.

So you're saying if I use an iPad mini 2 with only wifi the GPS functions won't work?
When using a Wi-Fi only mobile device, you won't be able to use the Follow Me feature or manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. All other GPS related features will work since they use the GPS data from the Phantom's internal GPS receiver.

I use the Mini 4 and love it. However at times when videoing have some screen flutter. I Blair that ok 16 gb memory. I regret not buying the 32

Reactions: JWH
Looking at the Mini4 - is 32 GB enuf or the 128GB needed?
Thanks.

I use the Mini 4 and love it. However at times when videoing have some screen flutter. I Blair that ok 16 gb memory. I regret not buying the 32

I use the iPad Mini 4 with the cellular option. I pay for the subscription too. It has been flawless. I wish that I had gotten one with more memory. I bought the 16 GB option too because I was trying to save a little cash.

I also have an iPad mini 4 128gb cellular and it works flawlessly no complaints at all with it I also use a pay as u go SIM card that has just a data plan

Tried to get a Mini4 with 32GB and no longer available. Only 16 or 128. Of course, I took the latter.

I use the iPad Air and it works great. It has a larger screen than the Mini but fits nicely into DJI stock device holder.
that ipad air you use with the phantom4, I have the ipad air 1 (no fingerprint) and it does not work, can you help me ??

Drone Valley has a new you tube video up which goes over phones and iPad requirements and why the GO 4 app demands so much cpu power.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20