Suggestions to improve my videos

-lens hood to prevent prop shadows
-go easy on the sticks to eliminate jerky camera movements
-use the tilt and/or a narrower FOV to get the props and arms out of view
-uses simple fades/cuts vs. cheesy transitions

More interesting subject?

look around - there's tons of great ones in here.
all depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what kind of styles tickle your fancy.

is that farm tied to you? holy open space! great location to learn how to fly.

I only watched the first video.
1. Way too long for the available content.
2. Look to keep your clips to 3 sec.....some can be longer depending on content, but yours were way too long.
3. Look for opportunities for what are called B shots.....good example would be close ups to edit in. If you're filming the plow, add close ups of one part of the plow. If you've got 10 disks tilling the ground, make a close up of one disk plowing just one part of the dirt to edit in between all the A shots of the entire machine. Other examples would be shots of the driver's face, the name of the equipment, the gears turning, the fan blades spinning, the shadow of the arm as it swings out. Show how the color of the dirt changes when it is turned over, show one wheel turning, sinking into the soil, hold the camera stationary and have the machine cross in front of the lens, variety.
4. Look for variety in the A shots. Take one from over head, one passing over from the front, one passing over from the rear, a wide shot from high overhead that shows the entire field and how much more land still needs to be plowed. VARIETY! You basically just followed the equipment, either from in front or behind.
5 look for movement.....not just the slow movement of the machine. Either something is moving or the camera is moving or both.
6. Re-edit this video. Go take some B shots and edit them I to this video for practice.

anyone able to help me please, i cant get my video from my first flight to play with any software on my windows8 pc. if i cant solve this soon im gonna smash the friggin thing to bits! argggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

I agree with what RedRyder said....plus in the second video they were all basically high shots and you rotated around the subject about 15 degrees. Get down lower (i know on that one you were in more urban/tight area) and do some "sliding shots" to show what it would looks like at almost a drive by level or slightly higher. Basically the same thing RedRyder already said variety. Keep the scenes short and be easy on the sticks. I assume your not using a gimbal?

Thanks guys. I have a cheap Chinese gimbal. I know it needs adjusted but can not find a program to adjust it. On list to replace. Will try the advice. Videos to come

Here's my workflow after I've done shooting

1. Go through the footage and cut out everything that is usable (stable enough and no jerky movements)
2. Go through the clips that you have cut out and try to find the footage that is most interesting.
3. Start editing using the clips you have found interesting in a way or the other.
4. Dont use any special transitions at all. The easiest way to unpro your video is to use funky transitions.

Here's my first aerial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwJ2DZ ... RlgO7hYpgA

Miika said:

1. Go through the footage and cut out everything that is usable (stable enough and no jerky movements)
2. Go through the clips that you have cut out and try to find the footage that is most interesting.
3. Start editing using the clips you have found interesting in a way or the other.
4. Dont use any special transitions at all. The easiest way to unpro your video is to use funky transitions.

Here's my first aerial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwJ2DZ ... RlgO7hYpgA

what frame rate did you use for shooting? is it 24fps?

mr.goodkat said:
Miika said:

what frame rate did you use for shooting? is it 24fps?

I shot the video in 2.7k res with 25fps / pal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20