Suggestions on a cheap tablet please.

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm looking for a decent cheap tablet I can use with my Phantom. I don't want to spend and arm and a leg preferably less than $75 on one as it will only be used for the Phantom. Storage size doesn't matter. It just needs to be able to run the DJI Go App. Thanks in advance.

If you search the forum this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times. So there's many threads you can read through. I use a Nexus 7 2nd gen.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I'm looking for a decent cheap tablet I can use with my Phantom. I don't want to spend and arm and a leg preferably less than $75 on one as it will only be used for the Phantom. Storage size doesn't matter. It just needs to be able to run the DJI Go App. Thanks in advance.
I'm using just a iPad mini 1. It's only 512ram but works well with no lag or very very little.

Neutab G7 - used it for a year. No compass though. Crashes sometimes. $70
Are you suggesting this works well with DJI GO?

I read the forum and searched around for the tabs suggested. It's frustrating trying to find a capable tablet to use for the drone only and keep under budget. My success came after finding a T-Mobile cellular enabled iPad mini 2 16gb.. iPads only have gps chip if cellular enabled. You don't use the cell service. That's just the way they make them.. Here's the golden nugget I found. T-Mobile has a little known data plan for T-Mobile enabled tablets called "Data For Life." You get 200 meg data per month free with no other obligation. 200 meg is more than enough if you're stranded without cached maps and occasional surfing. Plus the T-Mobile ipad will hotspot for you without paying extra. I found it used on eBay $135 delivered. It was over my original budget but I found that anything cheap just wasn't gonna work well. The hotspot feature and the free data plan made it well worth it for a single application device. Hope this helps in you search.

Just paid £51 for a Nexus 7 (2013) - I'll see how it works out, when it arrives.

This might be a dumb question but does the tablet need to have GPS for the DJI Go App to work properly?

...or if you want to move your home point to your location during the flight for some reason (e.g. you're boating)...

So to make it fully functional I need to get one with GPS. Thanks for the input guys. I think I found a cheap Casio one on eBay for $40 that will work.

Reactions: Storm
I use the Nexus 7 (2013). Got it on Ebay for $70. Dedicated only to flying. I use Litchi pretty much exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers