Suddenly no GPS Satellites

Reaction score
I've had my P3A for a few weeks and having great fun with it.

However I took it out yesterday evening a couple of miles from where I usually fly and there were no GPS satellites detected. Big open forest expanse, no satellites at all (in fact the GPS icon on DJI Go was greyed out). Was a bit frustrating and so came home and again no satellites.

I've recalibrated the compass and IMU and re-installed DJI Go, but it just sits their flashing 2 green blinks (no GPS according to the manual) saying Safe to Fly (No GPS). Obviously I don't fancy it blowing away so I'm not going to fly it too far without GPS.

I did have a bit of a crash at the weekend, but it was flying perfectly fine on Tuesday, took it up with full GPS lock and nothing has happened to it between Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

I've recalibrated the compass and IMU and re-installed DJI Go, but it just sits their flashing 2 green blinks (no GPS according to the manual) saying Safe to Fly (No GPS). Obviously I don't fancy it blowing away so I'm not going to fly it too far without GPS.
I did have a bit of a crash at the weekend ...
The compass and IMU are completely unrelated to GPS and won't have any effect.
The satellites are all up there so you either have a disconnected or a busted GPS unit.

Is it reasonably simple to open these things up and check for disconnects?

I'm pretty handy with techy stuff, but dont necessarily want to do more damage than good if it requires an electrical engineering degree...

Hi Anthony

It is not difficult to open a Phantom 3... Check this out

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Waylander

Reactions: Anthony Rogers
Thanks Waylander - spent 20 minutes prying it open (which is harder work than I expected) and hurray seems the GPS module was disconnected.

Reconnected it, rested the shell back on top, plugged the battery back in, powered up drone and controller... plugged in DJI GO..... still no GPS.

Hoped it would be a simple solution - apparently I've still some fun to be had with it before it flies again.

Next stage I guess is unsticking the GPS receiver and seeing if there's anything loose under the grey padding.

Edit - may even be that I pulled out the GPS cable as I lifted off the shell anyway...who knows.

Last edited:
Thanks Waylander - spent 20 minutes prying it open (which is harder work than I expected) and hurray seems the GPS module was disconnected.

Reconnected it, rested the shell back on top, plugged the battery back in, powered up drone and controller... plugged in DJI GO..... still no GPS.

Hoped it would be a simple solution - apparently I've still some fun to be had with it before it flies again.

Next stage I guess is unsticking the GPS receiver and seeing if there's anything loose under the grey padding.

Edit - may even be that I pulled out the GPS cable as I lifted off the shell anyway...who knows.

under that gray pad is the ceramic antenna,
it may have cracked in your crash and worked loose when you were moving it.
if similar to p2 its is easy to replace , 1 solder point

good luck and have fun flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers