Sudden lost of contact during descent

Reaction score
What would cause a Phantom 2 Vision Plus to loose contact with the controller during a sudden descent because of low battery? I didn't have time to look at my iPhone to see what was going on. The drone was less than 20 feet away and no more than 30 feet in the area above me when it suddenly started to descend. Yes, the red lights were flashing. My control sticks seemed cut off all of a sudden from the drone,,,,any ideas about what happened. I have read of similar incidents, not exactly like mine, but I sure would like to know how to avoid this!

It is the low battery return to home feature

I agree it doesn't give you time to catch it if you ain't flying fpv fully(I fly fpv mostly)

You can turn off the RTH feature on low battery in the Phantom Assistant application.

It sounds like you might have hit the critical low battery level. If that's what happened, your Phantom would have auto landed at its current location (instead of returning to the home point first).

Attachments

• GoHome.png
    GoHome.png
    88 KB · Views: 490
Or in the app
i-w89QgC6-M.jpg

If you like to be in control rather than have your Phantom land in a tree or a pond when you're bringing it home, it's a good idea to disable Low battery-auto go home.

I always turn this stuff off. But make sure my smartphone volume is on so I can hear the warning. Part of my flight check list.

Be aware if this.

You can't disable low battery auto land. You can however push the throttle up if it looks like it may land awkwardly, you can disable return to home on low battery

2 different things

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.