sudden esc error.. need help

Reaction score
hello there

im facin a terrible trouble here.. all of a sudden my p3a gave me an esc error.. no crashes.. everything was fine till that happened..

tried to talk to dji but they said "end of support"

ac fw. 1.11.20
rc fw. 1.9.3

need your help.. im desparate.. tried even the 1.11.30 but the error is still there.. tried to swap all 4 motors.. still there.. need your advice.. dont know what else to do..

thanks in advance
xrider

Last edited:
Did you do a firmware update which caused this to happen or did it just appear?

If you move this thread over to here a DJI rep will talk to you, eventually.

Did you do a firmware update which caused this to happen or did it just appear?

If you move this thread over to here a DJI rep will talk to you, eventually.
i did not update.. it appeared out of nowhere.. was flyin then put it down for battery swap and when i tried to fire the motors up the message appeared.. packed everything up and later i tried to update to 1.11.30 but did nothing.. esc error still there..

dji rep will not help.. tried that as well and told me that there is no support for my product anymore.. what do i do now??

When you tried the update, did you do it for all your batteries?
yes
Particularly read the "How to fix the ESC status error" page.
ive already tried swappin the motors.. and problem persists.. it communicates with fc but when i try to fire up the motors it gives me the message..

wondering if there is any other way to check what the helmet is goin on in there..

ESC are what controls the motors so changing the motors won't help.
It is most likely something to do with software.
Have you updated the battery when you updated everything else as mentioned in that article.
Have you read that article?

i know what an esc is.. ive updated the batteries.. all of them.. and yes ive read the article but it doesnt help in my case.. what do i have to check on fw?? tried from 1.11.20 to 1.11.30 witch is known that solves the esc errors but nothing changed.. thats why i tried to do a motor swap..

Changing the motors will do nothing - hope you've got the wires in the right places or they may run the wrong way!
As I said earlier, try posting the thread on the DJI Forum. Someone might be able to help.

ESC are what controls the motors so changing the motors won't help.
The error message does not say "ESC error", it says "ESC *status* error".
Status bitfields of ESCs include errors which can be caused by motor, by 3-phase motor driver, and by monitoring micro-controller.

Reactions: Oso
Possibly a hard fault with one of the ESCs or its association with the main board, dry joint, defective ESC. Unfortunately I don't think there are any tests one can do on an ESC. Possibly remove them all and do continuity/resistance checks between the wires???

hello there

im facin a terrible trouble here.. all of a sudden my p3a gave me an esc error.. no crashes.. everything was fine till that happened..

tried to talk to dji but they said "end of support"

ac fw. 1.11.20
rc fw. 1.9.3

need your help.. im desparate.. tried even the 1.11.30 but the error is still there.. tried to swap all 4 motors.. still there.. need your advice.. dont know what else to do..

thanks in advance
xrider
Sadly, the DJI message "ESC Status Error" is not very specific and it can mean several things from motors, to wires, to simply the fact that components go bad. With the P3 models, the 4 ESCs are built in directly on the main board so there no discrete ESCs you can individually remove and test.

A few of the common reasons in the past:
1. People removed prop guards and then reinserted the longer screws which damaged the motor windings. Fix is to replace damaged motors and use correct screws.
2. People replaced motors without properly cleaning off the wire's enameling. Fix is to clean off the enameling before soldering.
3. Going to FW 1.11.20 which narrowed the ESC parameters. Fix is downgrading FW to earlier version or updating to FW 1.11.30 since it was released specifically for this issue.

We often suggest that people follow this flow chart to help narrow down the issue or hopefully find a solution. Often you will be able to narrow it down to one specific ESC/Motor combo. Remember of course that electronics don't last forever, so there may not be an easy fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: brigerdrones
Just curious. You said it was flying fine until you did a battery swap.
Have you tried putting the battery back in that was used when it was flying without the error?
Wouldn't make sense that the battery would make a difference but who says it has to make sense when troubleshooting.

Just curious. You said it was flying fine until you did a battery swap.
Have you tried putting the battery back in that was used when it was flying without the error?
Wouldn't make sense that the battery would make a difference but who says it has to make sense when troubleshooting.
If the battery he put in had a different version of firmware it certainly would make a big difference!!

I had same ESC Status Error on two of my phantoms 3 Professional after installing new motors.
I know a lot of pilots don't like the idea of updating drone because of fear of frying the gimbal board but I fixed by downgrading the firmware I downgraded, started motors to check if process was done successfully and then Update to V.1.11.30.
I also downgraded to fix COMPASS NOISE TOO HIGH error. I'm not quite sure if same bin can be used on Advance boards though. This is a short video I made to emphasize the use of a fan when updating or Downgrading firmware.

Last edited:
I have a P4P+. I have been getting ESC error once in a while and the AC does not take off. Once it took off and a message came to land the AC immediately. The issue is that error message is not consistent. Most times, the error doesn't show up after swapping batteries. But later the same battery when inserted shows no ESC error message and flies normal. What could be the reason?
Screenshot_2021-12-11-10-25-54.png
Screenshot_2021-12-11-10-31-01.png

I have a P4P+. I have been getting ESC error once in a while and the AC does not take off. Once it took off and a message came to land the AC immediately. The issue is that error message is not consistent. Most times, the error doesn't show up after swapping batteries. But later the same battery when inserted shows no ESC error message and flies normal. What could be the reason?View attachment 123278View attachment 123279
Have look in warnings in app and clear it in case its poping up from its memory,,maybe a IMU calibration might fix anything small goin on

Have look in warnings in app and clear it in case its poping up from its memory,,maybe a IMU calibration might fix anything small goin on
1. I have refreshed the firmware using the DJI Assistant.
2. All sensor calibration seem to in order.
3. If popping up from memory, it should come every time before take off.
4. I am not sure if this is a hardware or software issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic