Sudden catastrophic power loss.

Reaction score
I just got a new DJI battery, charged it fully yesterday. I used it for the first time today and had been flying for about 20 minutes and got the "time to fly home warning". I started descent when it started dropping like a rock. I managed to cushion the impact by max power. I think my drone is ok but very scary. The battery is totally drained - I couldn't get the rotors to turn at all. I think the battery is defective and I should return it to DJI immediately. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

20 minutes is normal time for me. After critical low battery the AC engines will not arm for safety reasons..Why do u think it's the battery's fault? Sounds more like pilot error.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just got a new DJI battery, charged it fully yesterday. I used it for the first time today and had been flying for about 20 minutes and got the "time to fly home warning". I started descent when it started dropping like a rock. I managed to cushion the impact by max power. I think my drone is ok but very scary. The battery is totally drained - I couldn't get the rotors to turn at all. I think the battery is defective and I should return it to DJI immediately. What do you think?
Need to keep a eye on battery level at all times...........lesson learned. glad to see all is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If the low battery warning is going off after 20 minutes (and not sooner) you need to check what your setting is for that specific alert. I have my warning set at 30% battery. Yours may be set too low. You are being warned waaay to late if you are getting the warning after 20 minutes of flight. At that point, the battery will be pretty much exhausted. At around 30% battery, you should start thinking about heading back if out a distance, especially if there is a chance of a head wind.

Last edited:
Reactions: go fast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan