Success!!

Reaction score
After a very windy & busy week, the Phantom took to the skies of southern Indiana again! She took the GoPro with her this time and got the first video.

After reading about all the jello effect problems, I was really surprised at the quality of the vid. Not nearly as much of the expected jello effect that I saw and only a few horizontal striations which seemed to happen when the Phantom was at a certain angle and was being buffeted by what breeze/wind was blowing. No doubt the wind 100' up was not the same as on the ground.

We need to angle the cam down a bit for the next flight since we got the props in the vid but it was sort of neat to watch how the props spun faster or slower depending on the turn. At least I guess that was the reason. More practice is needed for a smoother, less bumpy ride for the camera too. There were lots of spins as DH tried to figure out which way was forward. How do you keep up with front & back when the quad is in the air?

I used Cyberlink PowerDirector to edit the vid which was easy enough to do. Thank goodness I can mute the sound track! That thing is loud and irritating after a while. No wonder the "drones" are being banned in Nat. Parks. I know I'd be upset if I was visiting a beautiful park and had to listen to the buzzzzzzzz!

So for those still on the fence about purchasing & flying...apparently it can be done somewhat successfully without much experience!

Here's the vid for those interested. It's NOTHING special for sure and not award worthy by any means but any hints & tips are appreciated!

http://youtu.be/v7ADESeKHPw

DaWife

We used the waterproof case but it was attached to the standard mount on the Phantom.

DaWife

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20