Stupid Stupid Stupid!!! Phantom on in case...help please.

Reaction score
Long story short...it was super bright outside today...somehow I managed to go thru the motions of turning off the p2v+ and even put the gimbal lock on and placed her in the case...walked around the car show for 15mins and drove home another 15mins...got her inside in a hurry to see the footage and opened the case to grab chip...bird was hot and camera was hotter....quickly powered down and placed over air vent for 10 mins till she was good and cold...powered back up and Im getting an IMU error...when I go into assistant it will not calibrate...have left running for 12-15minutes and it progresses and then starts over....also there is this little red light on the left side of the bird that is flashing that I have never seen before....any help is appreciated...please tell me I didnt ruin my phantom with this stupid mistake.

Luckily, all is well. I allowed it to sit on the vent several hours andshe finally did an advanced cali and flies like a dream...camera works as well :) dodged the bullet on this one...

Second, NEVER place electronics on a cold vent to cool them down.

I agree, Fast cooling of hot electronics can cause condensation. Too much condensation will fry the electronics..

Be VERY careful when doing this and avoid it if at all possible.

If you let your phantom idle for 10 or so minutes, then it wont be able to do an Advanced Calibration. Please let it cool for an hour. Then do the adv calibration IMMEDIATELY when you plug the phantom into the PC. This will minimise the chance of the "MC too hot" warning. The calibration should only take 2 minutes or less for you to see the 2 green ticks.. Also, do it on a levelled surface, levelled with the horizon on all axis otherwise it will not be able to yaw on a dime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20